What's new

Stirling Shave Soaps

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I'm a little late here. Although @sanookd gave his recommendation - I myself have not had a chance to try what he recommends. In fact, I dont know the brand myself that he mentions. But here is my two scents cents....

The Sterling Lemon Shaving Soap that they offer. Although I have it, i have not tried it out myself. Yet. But man does it smell nice right through the plastic wrap !!! You should try and order it @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker. Get a sample 5 pack from them. Look at my pics if you want some recommendations. The first set of soaps I ordered smell awesome, right through the plastic wrap !!!

And a discontinued one... grrr... which I love - The Art of Shaving Lemon kit (pre, post, and shaving cream) if you could find one. No, you cannot have mine !!!!

I love them both.

Yep, I think my heart is telling me which way to go, it says, get the Stirling Lemon Chill! So, next month I am going to have to order that. Also, a lot of folks on here say they enjoy the Stirling Pine Sheep scent too, so I just might have to get that, cause I love the smell of pine. I also need to not forget, because I want to try out some Captains Choice soaps too.

I can't help you with the pre-shave, cause only one I own and have experience with is Proras's eucalyptus pre-shave. But for after the shave, you could get yourself some Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel, it smells like lemon, but is a good astringent, which helps to seal up any knicks or weepers as well. I've used it several times so far and I like it!

proxy.php
Stirling also has a lemon witch hazel, loaded with menthol. Slap some on, then run outside when it’s below zero. Oh yeah!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

I've never tried Stirling, would you say that it's fairly easy to load, I just face paint.
I want to try two:
Bay Rum
And one that's heavy menthol.

Hello @YHWH :)

I am a huge Stirling soap fan, here is my collection of all Stirling shave soaps so far...

proxy.php

Black Cherry
Vanilla Sandalwood
Executive Man
Coniferous
Almond Cream
Hot Apple Cider
Glacial Wintergreen
Glacial Lemon Chill
Glacial Iced Coffee
Pumpkin Spice
Stasuma
Candy Cane +2

Here are the reasons why I love Stirling soap so much...

(1) Cost per quantity = huge value!
(2) Stirling uses tallow in their soaps = supreme slickness!
(3) Stirling knows how to fragrance their soaps = prepare to fall in love!
(4) Stirling has some of the best mentholated soaps = prepare to feel the freeze!
(5) Their not a very hard based soap = easy to scoop out the soap!
(6) Customer service at Stirling is awesome = leaves customer with confidence!

Out of that list of shave soaps, I'd say that Stirling's Black Cherry, was my favorite non-mentholated shave soap, which is the soap I began with.
proxy.php

Out of that list of shave soaps, I'd say that Stirling's Glacial Wintergreen, was my favorite mentholated shave soap.
proxy.php

That Stirling Wintergreen is strongly mentholated, I think you will approve. Stirling has many glacial soaps though, not just Wintergreen.

You know whats crazy? Because Stirling has so many varieties of shave soap scents, even though I have so many of them, it only scratches the surface to what they got lol. I can say without a doubt, that I really recommend Stirling shave soaps. Hope this post helps you out in some way.

Hello @YHWH :)

I am a huge Stirling soap fan, here is my collection of all Stirling shave soaps so far...

proxy.php

Black Cherry
Vanilla Sandalwood
Executive Man
Coniferous
Almond Cream
Hot Apple Cider
Glacial Wintergreen
Glacial Lemon Chill
Glacial Iced Coffee
Pumpkin Spice
Stasuma
Candy Cane +2

Here are the reasons why I love Stirling soap so much...

(1) Cost per quantity = huge value!
(2) Stirling uses tallow in their soaps = supreme slickness!
(3) Stirling knows how to fragrance their soaps = prepare to fall in love!
(4) Stirling has some of the best mentholated soaps = prepare to feel the freeze!
(5) Their not a very hard based soap = easy to scoop out the soap!
(6) Customer service at Stirling is awesome = leaves customer with confidence!

Out of that list of shave soaps, I'd say that Stirling's Black Cherry, was my favorite non-mentholated shave soap, which is the soap I began with.
proxy.php

Out of that list of shave soaps, I'd say that Stirling's Glacial Wintergreen, was my favorite mentholated shave soap.
proxy.php

That Stirling Wintergreen is strongly mentholated, I think you will approve. Stirling has many glacial soaps though, not just Wintergreen.

You know whats crazy? Because Stirling has so many varieties of shave soap scents, even though I have so many of them, it only scratches the surface to what they got lol. I can say without a doubt, that I really recommend Stirling shave soaps. Hope this post helps you out in some way.
Wow, thanks, I think wintergreen and BC will go on my list. There's no bay rum in STirling collection of yours?

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Wow, thanks, I think wintergreen and BC will go on my list. There's no bay rum in STirling collection of yours?

Sorry about that, I forgot to mention, I am not a huge bay rum fan. I tried my first foyaa into Bay Rum with PAA Boomtown Bay Rum in a Star Jelly aftershave, not a big fan of the scent. So I didn't even bother trying out Stirling's Bay Rum. But if you are a Bay Rum fan, I have no doubt, knowing Stirling as I do, you will more then likely enjoy Stirling's Bay Rum.

Truth is, all of those scents in my list are awesome scents, but you got to start out somewhere right? So Black Cherry is the best non-mentholated soap to start with, and Wintergreen is the best mentholated to start with. Then you can branch off and buy whatever other scents that you think you might enjoy.

Additionally, if your not sure, you can also buy shave soap samples form Stirling. They come to you in a pancake fashion, wrapped up in plastic wrap, with a label applied. But the way I operate, is I know the scents in which I like, and I just buy those. But if I really want to test a soap fragrance I don't know, I'd buy a sample first. So far I haven't had to do that, cause I just buy the scents I know and like lol.

Good luck!

Sorry about that, I forgot to mention, I am not a huge bay rum fan. I tried my first foyaa into Bay Rum with PAA Boomtown Bay Rum in a Star Jelly aftershave, not a big fan of the scent. So I didn't even bother trying out Stirling's Bay Rum. But if you are a Bay Rum fan, I have no doubt, knowing Stirling as I do, you will more then likely enjoy Stirling's Bay Rum.

Truth is, all of those scents in my list are awesome scents, but you got to start out somewhere right? So Black Cherry is the best non-mentholated soap to start with, and Wintergreen is the best mentholated to start with. Then you can branch off and buy whatever other scents that you think you might enjoy.

Additionally, if your not sure, you can also buy shave soap samples form Stirling. They come to you in a pancake fashion, wrapped up in plastic wrap, with a label applied. But the way I operate, is I know the scents in which I like, and I just buy those. But if I really want to test a soap fragrance I don't know, I'd buy a sample first. So far I haven't had to do that, cause I just buy the scents I know and like lol.

Good luck!
Thanks, Wintergreen doesn't seem to be on the menu right now on their website but Orange Chill sounds similar? Could you recommend a cold weather scent?

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Thanks, Wintergreen doesn't seem to be on the menu right now on their website but Orange Chill sounds similar? Could you recommend a cold weather scent?

Its kind of like that episode in Fawlty Towers, where John Clease brings that guy the menu, and everything on the menu is duck, cause its all they have in the kitchen. So the guy says to John Clease, "but what if you don't like duck?" And John Clease says, "If you don't like duck, well I'm afraid your rather stuck." 🤣

The glacial soaps tend to be seasonal sales, so if they have any glacial ones, its because its older stock from last summer. Usually around this time of the year, they sell big on their fall and winter scents. But thats perfectly OK, because like I said, they have a lot of delicious options available that I know you will like.

Glacial orange chill was one that I was thinking about getting this year but didn't, it is very popular on B&B, folks love the scent! So next year, I will be sure to pick me up some Glacial Orange Chill, so that I may make my face chill with orange tang, and just make myself smell so good, somebody will want to eat me up. :lol::letterk1::lol:

I've read this thread with interest, as I'm a Stirling Soap fan too, but I would like to know if anyone knows what happened
to Stirling Spice??? I bought it hoping that it would be reminiscent of Old Spice.....even though it was not (IMO anyway),
I grew to really like it. Recently I went to their website to order another puck only to find that it's no longer there!!!
What happened, and can anybody suggest a Stirling soap whose scent is somewhat similar....?? I'm finishing up a
puck of Bay Rum, so I'm ready for a change of pace....

I've read this thread with interest, as I'm a Stirling Soap fan too, but I would like to know if anyone knows what happened
to Stirling Spice??? I bought it hoping that it would be reminiscent of Old Spice.....even though it was not (IMO anyway),
I grew to really like it. Recently I went to their website to order another puck only to find that it's no longer there!!!
What happened, and can anybody suggest a Stirling soap whose scent is somewhat similar....?? I'm finishing up a
No more Stirling Spice?

Seems it's been discontinued, unfortunately.

to Stirling Spice??? . . . I'm ready for a change of pace....
Some soaps go in and out of production. Soap Commander is also an excellent soap, and they have one called Endurance that is supposed to be like Shulton Old Spice. I have not tried it, but I love their Vision soap so I know that they make an excellent quality soap, also in a generous sized tub like Stirling.

Sorry that you can't get Spice. You also mentioned their BR, how do you like that flavor?

Been under the weather all week and finally had a chance to get a shave in this morning... This morning was a balmy -23 wind chill so you know there had to be a glacial involved in this shave for sure, but then again glacials have been a part of my shaves now for a couple months now!!
SOTD122422.2.jpg

Sorry that you can't get Spice. You also mentioned their BR, how do you like that flavor?
The Bay Rum is good. I seem to like the soaps with the stronger scents, and the clove is strong, so I like it. The soap itself
is always great.....moist, slick, good protection....like all Stirling. Hopefully, I'll be able to get my hands on some Spice when
and if they bring it back into production.

The Bay Rum is good. I seem to like the soaps with the stronger scents, and the clove is strong, so I like it. The soap itself
is always great.....moist, slick, good protection....like all Stirling. Hopefully, I'll be able to get my hands on some Spice when
and if they bring it back into production.
I also thought the clove was strong in the Stirling offering until I was somewhere and someone was cooking and pulled out some nutmeg to use and thought to myself the scent was eerily familiar and it wasn't until I was shaving the next day with the Bay Rum it reminded me of the day before and so I went to the cupboard and pulled out the nutmeg and compared and it was that scent that was the standout in the Stirling Bay Rum and not the clove I originally thought!! I verified this with Rod at some point after and that is when I learned that Stirling is one of the "very" few that use nutmeg in the ingredients and most people make the mistake and think its very clove when its actually nutmeg... One of my all time favorites from the Stirling line and recently finished my tub and have yet to replace it.

I am slowly chewing through my Stirling soap sampling pack, and the fourth one was Ozark Mountain. A big shout out for that soap, the scent and the creaminess of that piece - my fav soap so far! (and yes I did try MWF ;)

I am slowly chewing through my Stirling soap sampling pack, and the fourth one was Ozark Mountain. A big shout out for that soap, the scent and the creaminess of that piece - my fav soap so far! (and yes I did try MWF ;)
Do those samples come in vessels? If not how do I use it as a face lathering rebel, please?

Top Bottom