What's new

Stirling Shave Soaps

@Chard52142

Do you just heat up the soap to a liquid form and then pour it into the glass bowl where it will Harden as it cools down?

It really looks cool with what you have going on there.
Forgotten to answer your question. Yes, there are 2 ways to heat up the soap into liquid form, 1st is in the microwave and 2nd is in some heated water...not really boiling but hot enough to melt the soap.
I choose the 2nd as I feel I can control better compare to the 1st method...
Remember not all soaps can be melted...Hope this helps

@Chard52142
Totally understood. CC can be melted, but not so much for the Stirling or my TOBS sandalwood soap. The rest of my TOBS collection is all cream based.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Chard52142 - you sound like you are my shaving twin. In a short amount of time here in 3+ weeks being here, I must have acquired 60-80 shaving creams and soaps - mostly in sample sizes, some in it's full tub form.

The samples I collected are:
TOBS
WCS
Barbershop scents from WCS
Stirling
GFT
New York Shaving Company
Truefitt & Hill
Saint James of London

Just to name a few. It will take quite a bit of time to go through for just some of these samples.

Since acquiring these samples, I've had two goals in mind.

Blame everyone for making me wanting to try out all these shaving creams and soaps.

And to tempt @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker to max out his credit card to acquire all the Stirling soaps and shaving creams I acquired since being here. We should join forces and make it our mission to see this through. If we can do it.... Then there is no reason why @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker can't do the same - becoming part of the brotherhood of shaving soap/cream hoarders.

Together we can forfill this mission!!!

@Chard52142 - you sound like you are my shaving twin. In a short amount of time here in 3+ weeks being here, I must have acquired 60-80 shaving creams and soaps - mostly in sample sizes, some in it's full tub form.

The samples I collected are:
TOBS
WCS
Barbershop scents from WCS
Sterling
GFT
New York Shaving Company
Truefitt & Hill
Saint James of London

Just to name a few. It will take quite a bit of time to go through for just some of these samples.

Since acquiring these samples, I've had two goals in mind.

Blame everyone for making me wanting to try out all these shaving creams and soaps.

And to tempt @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker to max out his credit card to acquire all the Sterling soaps and shaving creams I acquired since being here. We should join forces and make it our mission to see this through. If we can do it.... Then there is no reason why @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker can't do the same - becoming part of the brotherhood of shaving soap/cream hoarders.

Together we can forfill this mission!!!
Hey, thanks! Hahahaha...nice to have a twin! Soaps/Creams and aftershaves are my absolute weak point.
DE razors/Brushes and blades I'm no longer chasing any longer...Straights & related...maybe;);)

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to grab the Bay Laurel and Light-ish Red. I've been using the Bay Laurel this month and it's really grown on me.

I find the Light-ish Red is similar to Curve aftershave which I've been using for over 20 years.

I've got a tub of Glacial Citron that I've been waiting for warmer weather to try.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I got a question for all of you wonderful folks out there! In all of your's opinions, who makes the best smelling, best performing, lemon citrus scented soap? Now keep in mind, I have fallen in love with Stirling soaps now after only trying out my first one, the Black Cherry, so I've wanted to try out their lemon scent. However, if another company makes a better lemon scented soap IYO, I'd like to know about it.

Thanks guys, your all amazing! 😁

I got a question for all of you wonderful folks out there! In all of your's opinions, who makes the best smelling, best performing, lemon citrus scented soap? Now keep in mind, I have fallen in love with Stirling soaps now after only trying out my first one, the Black Cherry, so I've wanted to try out their lemon scent. However, if another company makes a better lemon scented soap IYO, I'd like to know about it.

I’m my opinion, Stirling’s lemon is at the very top, even more so if you like menthol. I’ve tried quite a few, and most fall well short. All of Stirling’s single note citrus scents are top performers and you can’t go wrong with any of them. I wish Stirling had a lemon pre-shave oil to round out the lineup.

Hey, melting those soaps into the container is only for Colonel Conk soaps because it's a glycerin-based soap.
Please do not melt your Stirling samples...😅😅 Stirling samples can be pressed in the container easily...
Spot on! Most solid glycerin based soaps will melt down and re-solidify without issue. Glycerin based creams and all tallow based soaps should not be heated, unless of course you are looking for a reason to purchase more soaps!

I'm a little late here. Although @sanookd gave his recommendation - I myself have not had a chance to try what he recommends. In fact, I dont know the brand myself that he mentions. But here is my two scents cents....

The Stirling Lemon Shaving Soap that they offer. Although I have it, i have not tried it out myself. Yet. But man does it smell nice right through the plastic wrap !!! You should try and order it @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker. Get a sample 5 pack from them. Look at my pics if you want some recommendations. The first set of soaps I ordered smell awesome, right through the plastic wrap !!!

And a discontinued one... grrr... which I love - The Art of Shaving Lemon kit (pre, post, and shaving cream) if you could find one. No, you cannot have mine !!!!

I love them both.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I’m my opinion, Stirling’s lemon is at the very top, even more so if you like menthol. I’ve tried quite a few, and most fall well short. All of Stirling’s single note citrus scents are top performers and you can’t go wrong with any of them. I wish Stirling had a lemon pre-shave oil to round out the lineup.

I can't help you with the pre-shave, cause only one I own and have experience with is Proras's eucalyptus pre-shave. But for after the shave, you could get yourself some Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel, it smells like lemon, but is a good astringent, which helps to seal up any knicks or weepers as well. I've used it several times so far and I like it!

proxy.php

Top Bottom