What's new

Sterling Safety Razor?

Theres one of these on ebay, and with 2 minutes to go last time I checked on the auction, the highest bid was $522. I am just curious as to why this particular razor would attract such a premium. Is it simply because it is as rare as the seller suggests? Or, have I missed out on acquiring some legendary piece of wet shaving history?

Looks like something Themba would know about. I can see a rare mint razor with all the packages and paperwork going for big $$ but this???:confused:

AJS said:
Theres one of these on ebay, and with 2 minutes to go last time I checked on the auction, the highest bid was $522. I am just curious as to why this particular razor would attract such a premium. Is it simply because it is as rare as the seller suggests? Or, have I missed out on acquiring some legendary piece of wet shaving history?

I searched on the bay for "Sterling Safety Razor" and didn't see anything?

Sorry about not posting a link, but I really am clueless when it comes to anything I.T related so I dont actually know how:blushing: Apologies also to those who couldn't find it when they looked on ebay. I was just worried that I had missed out on some phenomenal razor, but seeing as everyone else seems to be as confused as me about it's identity and why it went for so much, I guess I'm not the only one who's unsure of this particular razor.

Here is a picture of the sterling razor for anyone who was interested.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, I think that is a very cool looking old razor, and wouldn't mind having it--but seeing as I am not a collector, don't have tons of disposable income, and don't typically collect things that I won't/can't use, this is not for me.:wink:

Top Bottom