What's new

Sterling Coniferous Match

Hello everyone, I'm in need of some cologne suggestions. I've recently picked up the Coniferous scent shave soap and AS from Sterling, and I'm in love. It's quickly become one of my favorite scents ever. The only problem is that due to the insoluble nature of the cedarwood oil, they aren't making an EDT. I've also read that Sterling EDT's lack staying power anyways. So I'm hoping to find a very similar scented EDT/EDP somewhere. I'd like it to smell as close to Sterling Coniferous as possible, but I want it to actually have some good longevity and power behind it. Any and all suggestions are welcome, I love any purely woodsy fragrance in general as well. Thanks everyone!

Although I can't think of anything exactly in that same vein, I'd say Azzaro pour Homme, Floris no. 89, Zoologist Musk Deer and Trumpers Eucris would all fit really well with that very "foresty" vibe. Coniferous is not only about the actual needles of the pinetrees, it's the whole thing, it's the roots, the earth, the surrounding vegetation. So yeah, in that spirit, those fragrances absolutely fit the theme.

If you go to FRagrantica, then perfumes tab and click search. Under notes type pine tree. There are some good candidates and I don't want to have to go through them all myself.

”Arso” from Profumum Roma is really spot on. When i smelled coniferous I actually thought to myself ”this smells exactly like arso!”. Woody, coniferous with a hint av pine sap and a touch of camp fire smoke. Now, this is not a cheap Fragrance at all. BUT the quality of the scent and the staying power is out of this world. Nuclear projection and staying power so a little goes a long way. You can also buy a 18ml bottle for much less. Trust me, that bottle will last a while.

You can also try Pino Silvestre for the same ”feel” but Silvestre lacks staying power. It costs as much as a bag of peanuts so spray away. Also, try Agua Brava. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Although I can't think of anything exactly in that same vein, I'd say Azzaro pour Homme, Floris no. 89, Zoologist Musk Deer and Trumpers Eucris would all fit really well with that very "foresty" vibe. Coniferous is not only about the actual needles of the pinetrees, it's the whole thing, it's the roots, the earth, the surrounding vegetation. So yeah, in that spirit, those fragrances absolutely fit the theme.
Thank you I'll look into those

”Arso” from Profumum Roma is really spot on. When i smelled coniferous I actually thought to myself ”this smells exactly like arso!”. Woody, coniferous with a hint av pine sap and a touch of camp fire smoke. Now, this is not a cheap Fragrance at all. BUT the quality of the scent and the staying power is out of this world. Nuclear projection and staying power so a little goes a long way. You can also buy a 18ml bottle for much less. Trust me, that bottle will last a while.
Thank you, I'll look into getting some!

Back to your question, it took me a bit to remember. Chatillon Lux makes an EDT, and the fragrance for DG, called Confluence. It is one of my absolute favourite scents. You can get a sampler for less than $30 direct. Then you might wind up with the whole set from DG unfortunately. :devil:

Back to your question, it took me a bit to remember. Chatillon Lux makes an EDT, and the fragrance for DG, called Confluence. It is one of my absolute favourite scents. You can get a sampler for less than $30 direct. Then you might wind up with the whole set from DG unfortunately. :devil:
Looking at the scent profile has me intrigued, but how would you describe the scent of it yourself? What I love about coniferous is the overall woodsy smell. It's like I'm sitting by a pile of split wood in a pine forest

It's very piney, but there is other elements. Let me go dig it out...

Sprayed the EdT. Yep it's piney, but more wet pine forest than fresh split wood.

Pineward's Boreal or Olympic Orchid's Olympic Rainforest would pair well with Coniferous . Lot of options from both of these companies that would probably go well with it, stuff that's more straight woods without a lot of fluff.

L'Occitane Baux

proxy.php

Top Bottom