What's new

Steep Angle Shavers Alliance

Then I shaved my face, now I’m a believer.
Gillette New SC, Ogallala Bay Rum, Personna Red (4)
Short strokes, light touch, and riding the teeth.
BAM! Almost a one pass shave.
I did a xtg pass and was done ✅
By golly this really works!

This is a picture of the safety razor when it's scalloped bar bottom plate was being patented.
It clearly shows how it should be used in the bottom left picture marked Fig.6.
1576346551554.png
1576346551554.png

That's why a cartridge razor can't compare nor any other type of razor.
I like using electric razors from time to time too but steep angle provides the very best shaves.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I stumbled across this thread as I pondered a few stray whiskers that cause me trouble. You see, they lay flat against my face on both sides of my chin. Multiple WTG, WTG, then ATG passes usually miss them. And when the blade does happen to catch one I feel it.
Only in the past when I have used an SR can I remove them without trouble.

Until I decided on a whim last Friday, to try a full ATG 1st pass, neck and face, with my 54 Gillette Flare Tip and a third use Nacet. While I don't remember consciously keeping a steep angle, I don't remember riding the cap either.

I do remember a 2 pass BBS shave without irritation. And the trouble whiskers were nowhere to be seen.

Then I see these picturesFigure.6..pngridetheguard.png
And the light comes on.

Thursday I tried a Steep Angle ATG 1st pass with my GC68P and a 3rd use Feather, Friday with my 55 Red Tip, and Saturday with my GC84P. All with the same results, a close irritation free shave.

"I'm in"

I stumbled across this thread as I pondered a few stray whiskers that cause me trouble. You see, they lay flat against my face on both sides of my chin. Multiple WTG, WTG, then ATG passes usually miss them. And when the blade does happen to catch one I feel it.
Only in the past when I have used an SR can I remove them without trouble.

Until I decided on a whim last Friday, to try a full ATG 1st pass, neck and face, with my 54 Gillette Flare Tip and a third use Nacet. While I don't remember consciously keeping a steep angle, I don't remember riding the cap either.

I do remember a 2 pass BBS shave without irritation. And the trouble whiskers were nowhere to be seen.

Then I see these picturesView attachment 1063822View attachment 1063823
And the light comes on.

Thursday I tried a Steep Angle ATG 1st pass with my GC68P and a 3rd use Feather, Friday with my 55 Red Tip, and Saturday with my GC84P. All with the same results, a close irritation free shave.

"I'm in"

Welcome aboard, brother!!!

Top Bottom