What's new

Steak in New York City

I am asking this on behalf of a coworker.

He is going to NYC this weekend and wants to have a good, honest-to-goodness dry-aged steak.

What do you gents have for me?

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Peter Lugers in Brooklyn. Voted best steak year after year. There is also Uncle Jacks on 35th and 9th I believe.

So many good steak houses up here...but I would recommend Lugers. On a side note..have cash for the establishment...no credit cards taken other than their own.

Last edited:
There is only Peter Lugers in Brooklyn, IMO. Good luck getting a reservation on short notice, though.

I'd vote for Sparks. GREAT steak, great bar, great service, great in general.

Although everyone says Peter Luger is the best steak in NYC, I've been there a few times and just find the Sparks steak to be superior.

If your coworker does go to Peter Luger, he should be sure to order the bacon as an appetizer. It may be the single greatest food ever.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Peter Luger in Brooklyn. Sparks may provide a better ambience but I find the steak at Luger's to be superior to that of Sparks. You could go to Wolfgang's for the same Luger experience without having to go to Brooklyn. But if you want the original, then Brooklyn it is.

Good call on the bacon and don't forget the schlag. Lots of schlag!

Put it in your coffee for a schlag-a-chino. :biggrin:

Last edited:
It's been said already but Peter Luger in BK is great. :thumbup: Brooklyn doesn't have the panache of Manhattan but there are some wonderful restaurants there.

Peter Lugers in Brooklyn. Voted best steak year after year. There is also Uncle Jacks on 35th and 9th I believe.

So many good steak houses up here...but I would recommend Lugers. On a side note..have cash for the establishment...no credit cards taken other than their own.
A Texan has invaded my city. :tongue:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
If you go to Sparks, make sure you ask for a seat in the no shooting section.

I agree with all of the above...Luger's is the best and should be first choice.

There are alternatives though...Smith and Wollensky, Keen's Chophouse, Sparks, Old Homestead and even the Palm are great alternatives. I have had spectacular steaks at all four alternatives.

Advise your friend that at Luger's its cash only. He should order the porter house for 2, hash browns and creamed spinach. Shrimp cocktail appetizer is de rigeur as is whatever wine makes you happy.

My phone is within reach to call EMS, so I feel I can ask the question:

How much does a dry aged Porterhouse set you back at Peter Luger's?

To me Keens chophouse on 36 & 6th is better than Lugers... The hosts named Vernal; tell em Elo sent you and you can avoid reservations or a wait...

Top Bottom