What's new

Staying Power of Penaligon's

I walked away with both Blenheim Boquet and Endymion EDTs about a month back after making a trip to T&H. I loved the scents of these two and was expecting these to be leaps and bounds better than the stuff I typically get. I know that body chemistry is different but I find that even after I spray about 3 shots of this stuff on me, the scent is faded by the time I get in my car and drive to work. Obviously, I don't want people to smell me all the way across the room but I suppose I expected that something this high quality would mean that I'd be able to smell the drydown or lingering scent well into the afternoon without having to reapply. I'm finding that I'm having to use an extra shot or two by the time I change back into my work clothes after my workout during the lunch hour.

I typically spray one shot on my neck, one of my clothes, and another either on my wrists or the fold of my arm (opposite my elbow). Maybe I set such high expectations and assumed that I'd have the ladies asking me what I'm wearing or why I smell so good. I did the same routine with my Tabac and as I sit her typing I can still smell it on me. I might have to put these up on the B/S/T and see if English Fern works a little better for me. Anybody else with the same experience?

No. I put on a little Endymion in the morning and I get whiffs of it well into the afternoon.

Love it.

ditto for me w/ Blenheim Bouquet - I'm often amazed that 10 hours after application, I can still catch its scent....

"Maybe you got a bad bottle."

Fortunately (for me) my favorite Penhaligon is also the one that wears the longest -- Hammam Bouquet. It was such an overwhelming scent at first (again, for me), that I bought bottles of everything else before succumbing to it's charms. BB and Endymion are my other favorites, but they last maybe 6 hours. Hammam lasts throughout the day and well into the evening.

I understand this may be different on different individuals.

Ringer - Unfortunately, same here.

I enjoy Douro/Lords but 2 hours later the scent is gone on me. Others may disagree, but I personally find Penhaligons EDTs to have more of an aftershave quality than a cologne. Maybe it is a "body chemistry" thing...

I doubt English Fern will provide any change in results.

None of the Pen's seem to last that long for me, including BB, Opus. I have never had enough of the others to really tell. Absolutely love Pen's edts, though, especially BB. Wonder if Elixir has longer "legs."

I sure do not have any greater longetivity with something like the fabled Green Irish Tweed from Creed.

Get plenty of mileage and silage out of Knize Ten though.

I have an extremely hard time judging the staying power of colognes. I NEVER want to be the kind of guy who reeks, filling the whole area I inhabit with scent. For me, its a pretty good bet that if I don't acclimate to the scent in an hour or so, I have too much on.
I get far more staying power with a few spritzes to my chest. Also, I've found that some EdT's, though I acclimate to them quicker than others, are detectable for a long time.

Ringer - Unfortunately, same here.

I enjoy Douro/Lords but 2 hours later the scent is gone on me. Others may disagree, but I personally find Penhaligons EDTs to have more of an aftershave quality than a cologne. Maybe it is a "body chemistry" thing...

I doubt English Fern will provide any change in results.

I've had the opposite experience, as Douro lasts a good 7 plus hours on me with minimal application. English Fern lasts alright on me, and BB fades faster than either of these two (on me).

I own Bayolea, Blenheim, and Duoro. I can say all 3 are heavy-duty in the longevity department. I can smell all three for 12-15 hrs after application. IMO, they should for the cost. Very happy and satisfied with Penhaligon's products. Penhaligon's is the only fragrance company I can trust enough to make a blind purchase of a product sight or smell unseen and the fragrance profile described is spot-on. That's impressive!

Top Bottom