What's new

Stauer 1930 Dashtronic Watch review

So if you follow the Watch u wearing thread you saw I picked up the
Stauer Dashtronic. it's a fun watch. geta a bit to get use to in reading.
at $180 it's not too hard on the wallet either. It does keep time the band is genuine leather, and stiff.
The back is windowed so you can see the movement

the particulars

Dial window material typeMineral
Display TypeAnalog
Case materialStainless Steel
Case diameter39 millimeters
Case Thickness12 millimeters
Band MaterialLeather
Band sizeUnisex
Band width22 millimeters

IMG_0336.JPG
IMG_0335.JPG

that all said, there is one glaring flaw to the watch. if you take it off and lay it down, there is not much life in the springs. I want to say I took it off between 4 and 8 PM last night and it stopped at 11:45PM.. that's only 4-8 hours idle. I'll make sure I write down when I wear it next time.
the other thing that worries me is the stainless finish. I suspect it will be easy to scratch or stain without care. Time will tell

I have horrible luck with windowed watches.☹️ Their movements always seem to disappoint; especially, my Tag Dual Time. And of course it was a gift watch, so no trading it away.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
So if you follow the Watch u wearing thread you saw I picked up the
Stauer Dashtronic. it's a fun watch. geta a bit to get use to in reading.
at $180 it's not too hard on the wallet either. It does keep time the band is genuine leather, and stiff.
The back is windowed so you can see the movement

the particulars

Dial window material typeMineral
Display TypeAnalog
Case materialStainless Steel
Case diameter39 millimeters
Case Thickness12 millimeters
Band MaterialLeather
Band sizeUnisex
Band width22 millimeters

View attachment 1510991View attachment 1510993
that all said, there is one glaring flaw to the watch. if you take it off and lay it down, there is not much life in the springs. I want to say I took it off between 4 and 8 PM last night and it stopped at 11:45PM.. that's only 4-8 hours idle. I'll make sure I write down when I wear it next time.
the other thing that worries me is the stainless finish. I suspect it will be easy to scratch or stain without care. Time will tell
This watch, and the "Ritorno" they make has ALWAYS tempted me my friend. I will have both someday.......as soon as I crack the code to my lovely bride's PayPal account!

well, it definitely needs a winder. maybe there is something wrong with mine, but the stored energy doesn't last much past 10 hours

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Interesting watch design. I have an antique style one of these type watches somewhere here. Doesn’t work but looks good. I don’t mind yours. Thanks for the review.

It's in a rotation, but not my go-to. partially because it stops even with a winder and I can choose an Omega that's kept time

Top Bottom