What's new

Starting With A New Titan ACRM-2 T.H.60

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Now 15 x three-pass daily shaves in with this SR. After the first 4 shaves, before each shave it gets about 50 to 60 normal laps on the CeOx pasted denim. After each shave about 5 or 6 very light laps on the pasted denim just to clean the bevel/edge.

IMG_20230330_064238.jpg

The first half-a-dozen shaves were with Palmolive Regular cream after which I changed to ARKO, just for variety.

The first 4 shaves were to get the edge to where I could not notice any further edge improvement. After those four shaves all the rest were very smooth and comfortable, possibly improving with each shave. The slight exception was shave No. 11 that was a little off the mark compared to the others. All I can put that down to is possibility subconscious change in shaving technique for that morning.

Over the next three days I will be comparing this SR against three other identical Titan T.H.60s; one off 0.1μm film, one off a hard black Arkansas and one off diamond pasted balsa.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
After 15 three-pass shaves with this CeOx stropped edge, yesterday I did a comparison shave between it and an identical SR off 1μm film. The film edge has a white tail while the CeOx edge has a blue tail.

IMG_20230401_060403.jpg

For keenness when doing my CdM, I couldn't discern and difference. The CeOx edge came to the fore in overall comfort.

This morning will be the same, except the CeOx edge will be up against a hard black Arkansas edge.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
This morning's comparison was with a T.H.60 finished on my hard black Arkansas (black tail).

IMG_20230401_072656.jpg

The HBA edge was a little keener but the CeOx edge was ahead on comfort.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Final (for a while) comparison shave with the Titan CeOx edge (blue tail). This time against an identical Titan but normally honed and finished/maintained on diamond pasted balsa (clear tail).

IMG_20230402_081613.jpg

The results were that the past3dvbalsa edge was definitely keener and almost as comfortable as CeOx edge.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Overall, I would rate the Titan ACRM-2 T.H.60 SR, prepared from factory edge using just the gear included with the SR, to be about equivalent to the same SR normally honed and finished on 1μm lapping film.

Well my kit arrived today and I must confess that I am a little disappointed. The blade has a very noticeable smile.....too much to remove on a strop. Before this is used it will have to be properly honed. I had been looking forward to trying their own method

Well my kit arrived today and I must confess that I am a little disappointed. The blade has a very noticeable smile.....too much to remove on a strop. Before this is used it will have to be properly honed. I had been looking forward to trying their own method
Post a picture. A smile shouldn't be a problem but you'll have to adjust your stropping technique to hit the whole edge.

Top Bottom