What's new

Starting some brown leaf plants

Totally going to be starting some seeds for the garden in a couple of weeks. The father in law has a green house and a big garden. I've got a small garden and plenty of space of containers.

He smokes cigarettes and I like my pipe and cigars. I figured a bright Virginia would be a good place to start.

Our basements are dry. I figured we could dry leaves fine.

Muhahahahahaha
IMG_20180121_130918.jpg

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Sweet! The idea of growing my own tobacco sounds good, but I don't have the patience to properly handle it, and I have a brown thumb.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
One of our members tried growing his own tobacco in NY a couple of years ago. I can't remember the thread name or who it was though.

Best of luck, John!

I want in on the ground floor of this! If you achieve success, it'll push me to try it. I live in a coastal region where pretty much anything we put in the ground thrives. And I have this crazy dream of growing Texas Perique.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My dad did it here in Michigan years ago. If I find the pics I'll post them, if that's okay.

I want in on the ground floor of this! If you achieve success, it'll push me to try it. I live in a coastal region where pretty much anything we put in the ground thrives. And I have this crazy dream of growing Texas Perique.
Perique is more the process after it is dried.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I've gone as far as buying a book on growing your own tobacco, but that is about it. I may well try it when I retire. I look forward to hearing of your results.

Top Bottom