What's new

Starting my journey

I got my new supplies today. Muhle R89, blade sample pack, alum block, and MWF. Old setup was a Mach 3 and VDH soap and bowl (walmart special).
Not sure if I should start tomorrow or wait until this weekend.

Attachments

• $20140113_184013.jpg
    $20140113_184013.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 40
Wow!
Great starter set. Many would be happy to stick with that lot for years.
Let us know how you find the blades. I'd suggest the Personna platinum chromes first, as they're silky smooth but also forgiving.

Hi Doc: Welcome to B&B. You are off to a great start with that gear. Keep us posted and I would shave tomorrow instead of delaying it until the weekend.

WARHAWK

Thanks for the input gentlemen. Any input on what blades I should use after the Personnas. I know its a try and see type thing, just wondering what the more experienced shavers would choose.

Tried the personnas this morning with VDH soap. Not much irritation. Did a WTG and XTG pass with the DE and a WTG with a cartridge. Have to be clean shaven for work. My face feels a lot smoother than it has in a long time. I think I'm going to enjoy this. And +1 for proving the wife wrong that I would cut myself, and hating it like I did the electric that I used maybe 5 times.

Tried the personnas this morning with VDH soap. Not much irritation. Did a WTG and XTG pass with the DE and a WTG with a cartridge. Have to be clean shaven for work. My face feels a lot smoother than it has in a long time. I think I'm going to enjoy this. And +1 for proving the wife wrong that I would cut myself, and hating it like I did the electric that I used maybe 5 times.

Kieth, welcome to B&B, thank you for your service in military and for saving lives in the army medic field. Keep us posted on your shave progress.

I would recommend B&B Great outdoors forums http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdisplay.php/118-The-Great-Outdoors!

Welcome Doc. Thanks for your service. I would shave right now, don't wait for tomorrow or the weekend! Nice setup BTW. Enjoy

Top Bottom