What's new

Started with Feather from Sample pack

Hi, earlier today I had the second shave with the infamous Feather blades from letterk's wonderful sample pack. Both shaves couldn't have gone better.

[Skip to last paragraph if you're bored already]

So far, I've tried Merkur, Tesco blades and now Feather. This is since I started about two or so weeks ago. The Merkur was dragging, but then I used the blade that came with the Merkur HD, so I won't conclude from that, but I will not use a Merkur until last.

The Tesco blades I found very nice and smooth. However the Feathers just felt even sharper, yet I got no cuts. I only go with the grain though because I like my face to feel rough as soon as possible so I can shave again :scared: .

What I really wanted to know was if I really enjoyed the Feathers, is there any need to even bother using the other blades? I get the impression from the forums that the Feather is the best possibly blade available for safety razor shaving and that the sharpest possible you can tolerate the better? So what benefit would the other blades give me if the Feather is the sharpest razor blade and I can handle it? :001_unsur

Thanks.

Ideal blade is that one, which provides you a smooth shave with no irritation or/and cuts. If feathers work so good for you I see no real reason to try other ones, beside the fact you already bought them.
BTW: please do not 'label' feathers as 'infamous' just because they are considered as the sharpest/newbie unfriendliest blades! I found them superb and get great shaves from them although I'm a newbie myself :wink2:

Different razors seem to work best with different blades.

YEAH !
What he said.
Slant + Feather is excellent
However I am finding the Derby to be great in my FatBoy and SS.
Keep experimenting until you find what works best for you.

You won't discover if something else does better if you don't try.

But then what's the rush, if you're enjoying the feathers for now stick with them. But give the Merkur blade a try too one day and the Derby's are so cheap you'd be mad not to try them.

Ideal blade is that one, which provides you a smooth shave with no irritation or/and cuts. If feathers work so good for you I see no real reason to try other ones, beside the fact you already bought them.
BTW: please do not 'label' feathers as 'infamous' just because they are considered as the sharpest/newbie unfriendliest blades! I found them superb and get great shaves from them although I'm a newbie myself :wink2:

Matus, have you tried the Tesco blades yet? Since they should be readily available to you, I was curious to see if you tried and if so, what you think of them.

Take care.

Matus, have you tried the Tesco blades yet? Since they should be readily available to you, I was curious to see if you tried and if so, what you think of them.

Take care.

Yep I did.... I was sceptic first but then I said that I whould throw away my prejudice. I was surprised on the quality of them blades! I mean I can compare the shave provided to Merkurs. Nice smooth shave but had a few (don't know how to call that) 'red dots in the neck area where whiskers grow from'... I've had also razorburn and redness in the area of my neck for about 5 hours. But after that everything was ok with me. I think that Tescos are comparable to Merkurs but as I'm not a great fan of Tesco (despite being a member of their 'club') I prefer Merkurs.

So now you know that you prefer the Feathers to the Tesco blades and the Merkur blades- but that's all you know. Might as well try the other blades to be sure of what you know. How else will your other purchases(resistance is futile!) make sense w/o something to compare to or have experienced?

Marty

Its kinda like marrying the 1st girl you ever kissed.
How do you know She's the one...?
Unless you kiss other girls to compare the feelings. :wink:

Well I think that I do not need to try any other blades as Feathers perform great and there is NOTHING that can be done better as I get smooth, irritationless pleasurable utopean shave :biggrin:

However I am finding the Derby to be great in my FatBoy and SS.

For me Derby and Gillette were also the best in my Fatboy. I have tried Feather's today for the first time and although the shave was close, boy, was it painful! My face is still red from the morning...

Well I think that I do not need to try any other blades as Feathers perform great and there is NOTHING that can be done better as I get smooth, irritationless pleasurable utopean shave :biggrin:

Matus, thanks for the opinion on the Tesco blades. If you love the Feathers, then there's no reason to look elsewhere. I am hoping that the Tesco's I get are as good as the one I got to try. It was my utopia blade, even more than the Feather.

Of course, YMMV.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Its kinda like marrying the 1st girl you ever kissed.
How do you know She's the one...?
Unless you kiss other girls to compare the feelings. :wink:

May I assume that this is an ongoing quest? :tongue:

I just tried Merkur blade (the one with my new Merkur DE classic) and I must say It was a bit deceiving. Looking forward to try Feather blades. Bought 10 Feath on Classicshave.

Just tried a Derby and it was a very nice shave :001_wub: . This is weird, I'm finding all blades nice :drool: . I think I might even give Merkur a go last :sleep: . I only use each blade about three times at the moment, I'm impatient :scared: .

Top Bottom