What's new

Started Vaping

Last week I visited a local vape shop and picked up my first vape kit. I bought an Aspire CE5-S clearomizer and a Kangertech variable voltage battery.

My plan is to eventually quit smoking cigarettes. After ten days of vaping I went from a pack of smokes a day to only eight cigarettes a day.

Trying to find flavors that I like is the hard part. I was able to sample a ton of flavors at the shop before I bought two bottles of juice. I thought that I would like tobacco flavored juices but think I'm going to get more fruit flavors to keep on hand.

The employees at the local shop were great in explaining how everything worked. They spent about 45 minutes explaining different products and juices. Not once did they try to push me towards a certain set up. They gave me all the advice and allowed me to make an informed decision. I'm going back today to try a few more flavors and pick out a new juice for the weekend.

Looking forward to learning more as I go and hope that I will be able to drop cigarettes within a month or two.

Jason, good luck on dropping cigarettes, I am positive you can do it!
Let us know if we can help you in any way, and have fun with this rabbit hole :lol:

Do you like dessert flavours? Nicotine amount? Strong throat hit, or little?

I am currently using The Vaping Rabbit, The Hatter, 99% VG. It is really tasty dessert flavour.

I did like the dessert flavors that I tried. Right now I am using a high nicotine amount (20 mg). Today I am going to step down the nicotine on a new bottle.

I have to admit that with all the hardware and juice manufacturers out there, it's hard to know what to look into and what to avoid. It's a bit confusing and a little overwhelming.

I did like the dessert flavors that I tried. Right now I am using a high nicotine amount (20 mg). Today I am going to step down the nicotine on a new bottle.

I have to admit that with all the hardware and juice manufacturers out there, it's hard to know what to look into and what to avoid. It's a bit confusing and a little overwhelming.

There's a million juice makers. You just kind of have to blindly go along until something catches your fancy.

How far do you want to get into this with hardware? I highly recommend the Aspire Sub Ohm, with the Aspire Atlantis. Combined, they are fantastic.

There's a million juice makers. You just kind of have to blindly go along until something catches your fancy.
Agreed.

Welcome aboard!!
However far you decide to go with this new hobby, I hope it ultimately ends up with you being able to kick the death sticks for good :thumbup:

Thank you all for the advice. It's greatly appreciated!

I picked up a bottle of blueberry truffle from my local shop and I'm going to load that up for tonight. I have two other juices coming in the mail. Suicide Bunny Mother's Milk and Cosmic Fog Kryptonite. Both had good reviews but are pricey. Both bottles are supposed to be here this evening so I'll see how it goes.

I've been off the smokes and vaping for over 2 years now. Best thing I ever did.

You'll find a great disparity among liquids...from 'sucks the llamas butt' to 'best thing since sliced bread'. High pricing does not mean good liquids.

After you've completely switched over to vaping I would suggest you make your own liquids. Not only can you control the ingredients, but you can save a wicked amount of cash. It costs me approximately $1 to make a 30ml bottle of liquid.

I've been off the smokes and vaping for over 2 years now. Best thing I ever did.

You'll find a great disparity among liquids...from 'sucks the llamas butt' to 'best thing since sliced bread'. High pricing does not mean good liquids.

After you've completely switched over to vaping I would suggest you make your own liquids. Not only can you control the ingredients, but you can save a wicked amount of cash. It costs me approximately $1 to make a 30ml bottle of liquid.

Your the second person today that's suggested that I make my own liquids. When I went back the vape shop today, I was helped by the same gentleman that sold me my setup. He suggested that if I am going to stick with it that I look into making my own liquids. It's definitely something I may consider.

I just tried the Mother's Milk liquid and I really like the flavor. I'll keep sampling and looking for other flavors.

I've got over 25 different tobacco e-liquids, some which I like and some which I don't.

The good thing is that I also own two coffee e-liquids. I don't vape them straight, but when added to the tobacco ones that I don't like, it usually makes them far more palatable.
Regards,
Renato

Good luck!
I've been off cigarettes since Feb of '14 thanks to vaping. I just put the cigarettes down and found a juice that tasted like my menthol cigarettes did. I never missed a single cigarette. I hope you find success!

Thanks for the words of encouragement about quitting smoking. It will be a slow process but will be well worth it.

I set a cigarette quit date of 1 Feb but I am on day four of not smoking. Vaping has definitely helped tremendously with me quitting. Honestly, this time is a lot easier than my other attempts in the past. I've set small goals, like one hour then one day of being smoke free. I'll keep going one day at a time.

Congrats mate, keep it up. What setup do you have now? And what mg you down to?

I'm using a Nautilus mini on a 20w istick. My juices are either 9mg or 12mg nicotine depending on which one I'm using. I think the next juice order I'll drop down to 6mg and see if that works also.

Top Bottom