What's new

Start your grinders! Gold Dollar Mod Competition starts May 1st!

There has been some discussion between the Stews and Mods. We might have an Amateur Class this year, for first time GD Modders. There might also be a prize awarded.....just sayin. Details will be available in 3 days!

There has been some discussion between the Stews and Mods. We might have an Amateur Class this year, for first time GD Modders. There might also be a prize awarded.....just sayin. Details will be available in 3 days!
I could really care less about a prize, but I like the idea of a beginner class. I just know I can't even come close to what mycarver, seraphim and a few others put out. :laugh:

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
I could really care less about a prize, but I like the idea of a beginner class. I just know I can't even come close to what mycarver, seraphim and a few others put out. :laugh:
Dibs on your prize if you win. :001_302:

David

IMG_0973.GIF
IMG_0974.GIF
IMG_0975.GIF
Just a couple more days!

Tomorrow is the day! Going to put mine on a stone tonight to see how straight it is or isn't. Also have to dig out my calipers. I'm going to at least pretend like I've paid attention to the pro's and some actually sank in. :lol:

David

Tomorrow is the day! Going to put mine on a stone tonight to see how straight it is or isn't. Also have to dig out my calipers. I'm going to at least pretend like I've paid attention to the pro's and some actually sank in. :lol:
So, how straight was the blade?

So, how straight was the blade?
Little issue at the toe and heel. Also one spot in the middle of the spine that almost doesn't contact the stone.
The heel issue is within the part I want to grind out. The other two I believe I can fix pretty easily when I thin the spine.

David

Little issue at the toe and heel. Also one spot in the middle of the spine that almost doesn't contact the stone.
The heel issue is within the part I want to grind out. The other two I believe I can fix pretty easily when I thin the spine.
Good deal. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

IMG_5553.JPG
This is not for the comp, but I did make this starting yesterday and finished it today,
Hardwood scales with a white oak wedge, thinned down to 5.5mm on a 18.3mm blade, giving a bevel angle of 17.29 deg. This was a custom I made for a friend in 'payment' for son n.o.s old spice aftershave and talc, just thought you all might like to see it!

I like it.

View attachment 785871 This is not for the comp, but I did make this starting yesterday and finished it today,
Hardwood scales with a white oak wedge, thinned down to 5.5mm on a 18.3mm blade, giving a bevel angle of 17.29 deg. This was a custom I made for a friend in 'payment' for son n.o.s old spice aftershave and talc, just thought you all might like to see it!

View attachment 785871 This is not for the comp, but I did make this starting yesterday and finished it today,
Sweet! I just modded my first GD66, but nothing like that! I'll have to get some more experience, creativity and courage for blade mods

Top Bottom