What's new

Starbucks? How are they viewed among the coffee guys and gals?

I'm not bowled over by star bucks. To me, the coffee always tastes burnt. Don't pee on my leg and tell me that's the way coffee is supposed to taste. I know better.

THANK YOU! I also get fed up with being "informed" that coffee is supposed to be bitter, watery and harsh when really it's been over-extracted and burnt. Cafes the scold the milk is another of my pet peeves.

My personal opinion of $tarbucks ... while there is worse out there it's consistent in it's mediocrity, so while you'll never get the worst coffee in the world, you'll never get the best there either.

That's one of the reasons I filter the water I feed my espresso machine. If I didn't care about the cost I'd be feeding it fully purified and demineralised water ... but I go though a bit ;) I might still get to that point though.

I used to sort of like them when they would brew different blends throughout the day. When they switched to that pike place garbage I stopped going. That is HORRIBLE HORRIBLE coffee.

I won't go out of my way to get anything from there, prefer dunkin donuts for coffee. Always seems to be way too roasted for my liking.

I used to sort of like them when they would brew different blends throughout the day. When they switched to that pike place garbage I stopped going. That is HORRIBLE HORRIBLE coffee.

I agree 100% on the pikes place. I've had some of their other coffee beans that I brewed at home and it wasn't bad at all but just overpriced. I can get better beans at a local roaster for less money.

I agree with anyone who said the coffee is mediocre. I go there mostly to socialize. There's usually people there that I know.

I agree 100% on the pikes place. I've had some of their other coffee beans that I brewed at home and it wasn't bad at all but just overpriced. I can get better beans at a local roaster for less money.

I agree here. I like making Starbucks at home, i don't mind the roast, but I make a better tasting cup at home they do.

Top Bottom