What's new

Star Wars: From the beginning? or in the order that I watched them?

Not to spoil it for anyone but the worst part of the prequels is in episode III when after Anikin kills Mace Wendu in fair combat he is all upset and asks 'what have I done' the next logical step after that moral crisis of killing a trained Jedi? Go to the jedi daycare and kill 50+ kids under 12. Makes no sense at all.

I wouldn't exactly call blind siding someone that thinks you're a trusted ally with a saber chop to the wrist, thus allowing them to become defenseless, blasted by dark force energy and flung out a window to their death as particularly fair. :001_tt2:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Watch the original three with them. You can find the unenhanced versions if you look hard enough.

Wait until they really love the films.

Then tell them that there are three more ... but they are really bad ... and they shouldn't watch them. The kids will, of course, not heed your warning, and pester you incessantly to watch the other three. Eventually, after much nagging, you will relent and let them watch the prequels. Eventually, you will make the point ... "see? the prequels are crap. You should have listened to me!"

Eventually they will learn.

It will be too late to save them from the tragedy that is the decline of the Star Wars franchise ... but it will save them from greater tragedy years later when you utter the sentence "... and they also made a third movie, with the director's daughter Sophia in it even, but ..."

You're a great dad. Even the inclusion of Joe "Fat Tony" Mantegna and ultra scary henchman Vito Antuofermo couldn't help that abortion.

Parents shouldn't let their kids see the three Star Wars prequels, or The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe movie.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
scoff... tsk... scoff...

That movie was brilliance! Mel Brooks level comic genius!

Just checking to see if anyone's paying attention.

But I reiterate: the h2g2 movie was godawful, and this is coming from one of Adams's biggest fans.

I wouldn't exactly call blind siding someone that thinks you're a trusted ally with a saber chop to the wrist, thus allowing them to become defenseless, blasted by dark force energy and flung out a window to their death as particularly fair. :001_tt2:

I only watched it once years ago. I guess I missed some of the details but you have to admit that his transformation to Darth Vader was poorly done.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Just checking to see if anyone's paying attention.

:sleep1::sleep1:

But I reiterate: the h2g2 movie was godawful, and this is coming from one of Adams's biggest fans.

There is one version worth watching* ...

proxy.php

... and I'm not even willing to check this one out to see how many of the three Star Wars prequels it's worse than.

proxy.php

(*Not that this version is as good as the book and/or radio play, but at least it still deserves its place.)

In place of the new ones, show Space Balls. You simply can't go wrong.

It reminds me of the 3rd Godfather. I don't even acknowledge it to be with the other 2. TV networks must agree too, because they usually play the Godfather I, II and then Goodfellas (in place of III).

I second that you watch the original three.

I still remember the awe and excitement when I first watched the original three as a kid.
The prequels: too much CGI, no soul (to say the least).

Top Bottom