What's new

Star Trek Discovery

I just watched the first two episode and it’s pretty darn cool.
I am looking forward to episode 3.

It’s great to see Trek on the small screen again.

It looks like a developing story line which is going to be very good. It is sllotted in nicely into the timeline. The new Klingons take a bit to get use to but in the long run will be good. With them only speaking Klingon made parts hard to follow as I lost my glasses and couldn’t easily read the subtitles.

Oh the theme music is very Trek esk and throws at times to a few bars of other series themes. So the die hards shouldn’t object to much at the music. [emoji106][emoji854]

Does anyone know when episode 3 is due to be released [emoji106][emoji1604]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just watched the first two episode and it’s pretty darn cool.
I am looking forward to episode 3.

It’s great to see Trek on the small screen again.

It looks like a developing story line which is going to be very good. It is sllotted in nicely into the timeline. The new Klingons take a bit to get use to but in the long run will be good. With them only speaking Klingon made parts hard to follow as I lost my glasses and couldn’t easily read the subtitles.

Oh the theme music is very Trek esk and throws at times to a few bars of other series themes. So the die hards shouldn’t object to much at the music. [emoji106][emoji854]

Does anyone know when episode 3 is due to be released [emoji106][emoji1604]

Imdb has a broadcast date of the 1st of October Rich.

I watched the first two episodes last night and I think I'm going to like it. I do wish they'd stop messing around with the Klingons. Every series has a different look to them.

... I do wish they'd stop messing around with the Klingons. Every series has a different look to them.

Yep, in the Enterprise series they had finally found a way to explain the different Klingon look in the original series and the later films and series, now it's back to square one. They won't be able to do cameos with the characters in the older series, such as in time travel episodes which always happened in previous series.

The new Klingons look more like Saris from Galaxy Quest (a Star Trek spoof).

proxy.php

I watched them both again to try and catch the Klingon dialogue and it’s really hard. The scenes are so beautiful and detailed I keep missing it as I’m looking everywhere else.
What The Klingons are saying are really important to the story and well done.

I guess all you guys that saw part 2 joined the CBS channel.

No, I'm in Canada and saw it on a channel we already had.

I really didn't care for it all that much, wouldn't purchase a new channel just to see it. I bet it'll be on regular TV in a year or so.

It just felt like it was trying too hard. The acting was good, the look was good except for being too dark, but the Klingons' needless new look, the way they talked (like they had a mouthful of marbles) and the reading of subtitles took away from the experience.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
i heard a fairly excellent review on npr yesterday. I am interested but wonder about the availability of the show on demand?

I’m in Aussie so it’s on Netflix so no CBS subscription issues for me.

I think they picked the wrong font for the Klingon subtitles but do pay attention to them because if you don’t you would initially think the Klingons “ Come in Peace”

I am also binge watching DS9 and just watched the episode with Dax going on the raid with after the albino Klingon ... if I hadn’t seen the Next G and DS9 Klingons first I would prefer the new ones.

The producers obviously had the same issue they had with Enterprise, that current real world tech has moved on past some tech in the show so they have to adapt to that. I really like how they have done that and still kept the feel of the show. The old style phasers looked cool.

Micheal’s struggle with her emotions but not quite getting the Vulcan system of logic has made her as ruthless as the Klingons or worse.

I think she will be worthy of being a Trek Captain. Mind you I do like seeing women in strong roles.

I think the show is a good thing.

Last edited:
Just watched episode 3 ...
Wow.

I am loving Discovery.

Monday can’t roll around fast enough.

Just watched episode 3 ...
Wow.

I am loving Discovery.

Monday can’t roll around fast enough.

Netflix have just offered me another trial so this might tempt me back, I’ll just have to wait until all the episodes are available.

All the episodes for the first half of the season are on Netflix and has left us on a real cliffhanger.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Thx for saying its on Netflix on demand searching is so frustrating now that they tried to make it look like an app. Searched on CBS and amazon then gave up.

Top Bottom