What's new

Star DE travel set

I really enjoy the shaves I get from my Star DE, especially when loaded with a KAI blade. While searching in the wild today, I found an interesting travel set that didn't look like any other travel sets I've seen. I've bought, sold, and collected many travel sets over the past few years but this one struck me......especially when I turned the head over and saw that it was a Star! The case is, as labeled, top grain cowhide and contains a Star head, short Bakelite handle, nail file, one cellophane-wrapped Silver Star blade and another already loaded, and a folding hair comb. The kickers are the miniature synthetic twist-up brush and twist-up soap, neither of which appear to have been used. Outside of the missing zipper tab (replaced with a paper clip.......I assume by the seller) this set is in great shape although the razor could stand a cleaning. I've never seen one of these sets before and can't find any information online. As many folks on this forum are more well versed in collecting, does anyone have any information they could provide to me? Thanks!

star3.jpg

Does it say Star on the outside of the leather case? That kit may be some sort of a homemade Franken-shave set up.

I don't think Star made a travel kit. The Star razor itself is fairly small, so a small travel version almost would be redundant.

Does it say Star on the outside of the leather case? That kit may be some sort of a homemade Franken-shave set up.

I don't think Star made a travel kit. The Star razor itself is fairly small, so a small travel version almost would be redundant.
+1
The closest I seen of a travel kit was a Star in a Bakelite box and space for a tuck of blades. I also never seen a Star with a short handle like that.

No markings on the kit. I thought frankenkit also but everything in it fits perfectly. Thanks for chiming in, guys!

Top Bottom