What's new

STANDO "Syn Bad"

Hello.
This is the main character of my review.

proxy.php

It’s another purchase from „Stando Shaving Accessories”. It was made for special order to the set with KAMISORI ヴァルデック and the brush 2band badger High Mountain, about which one I will write next time.
proxy.php

I called it - "Borek", because of signs of life of former inhabitant of this piece of wood (Xestobium rufovillosum) :001_rolle The handle is made of piece of stabilized alder and I think, it is in all shades of brown, what you can see in the pictures.
Measurements of the handle are:
Height- 65mm
Diameter at the basen - 40mm
Diameter at the top - 40mm
Diameter at the narrowest point - 30mm
That’s all if it’s about the handle and material from which it was made.
If it comes to wick.....
It is a synthesizer Syn Bad and it has really soft bristles. Measure of the wick:
Height about - 56mm
Diameter- 24 mm
Diameter right next to the handle about- 29mm
Diameter at the widest point about-54mm
Now a few words about advantages of this brush. For now I didn’t find any defects, but we will see what will happen in the future.
Its total Height is about 121mm, what makes it tower above my other brushes. But it’s still not my absolute favorite. It turns foam of the soap and shaving cream fairly quickly. During applying foam on the face, the brush really gently massages skin. Maybe too gently, but it’s individual thing. I’m okay with that. If it’s about the shape of the handle- it’s very comfortable to holding. After the end of ritual of „traditional shave” it’s easy to clean from the rest of foam and after drying don’t remain white spots.Summarizing...the brush meets my expectations. I’m really happy that I have it.
At the end I want to say thanks for Staszek ( @silesius )for his time he spent to make this treasure for me.
Keep it up my friend. :a14:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
A fabulous set, the alderwood is really beautiful , a true work of art....The Kamisori looks like the work of another craftsman in Poland , Dariusz Koltowski ...I have the same Stando High Mountain knot in a different handle, really excellent craftsmanship...

Kamisori made CICHY knives. if I find a moment, I will write something about this set. I personally love wood ...

Nice brush and handle. Where can a guy get those knots, and I guess the handle is a one like it not production. Thanks

Top Bottom