What's new

Stando Polska stando rod AC style se razor

I would like to post my impressions of this razor, which I received on April 8, about a month ago.
A good razor that could be a candidate for Best AC Style SE Razor in my opinion.
Please forgive me for writing the review thread here because I don't know how to use it.
Also, my English is terrible:)
C64A1619-4EFC-4401-B6A7-42640FA713A9.jpeg

I tried many double-edged razors, but I was not good with any of them, and in the end the only one I kept on hand was the RR wunderbar.
I don't have much experience with AC style razors, but here is a quick comparison with the ones I have used (all with feather professional blades)
The AC style razors I have used are RR's HAWK V3 (Original/OC), asylum RX V2, colonial razor generalSS
The AC style razors I had are RR's Hawk V3 (normal/OC), asylum RX V2 and colonial razor generic SS and blackland vector (SB/OC).

The asylum RX v2 is the most efficient of the three, but it is aggressive to the skin and sometimes bites, so I gave it up immediately, so I can't compare them.

The HAWK V3 is a very good razor and I loved it, especially the OC (The original plate was too mild).
The stando rod is a little less efficient than this OC plate, but much smoother and no pressure.

I borrowed the General SS from a friend for a while and shaved with it a few times. The stando rod is about the same efficiency and is smoother than the General.

And vector, he is a gem of a razor for me, especially when compared to OC and stando rod, vector OC is a luxury sports car and stando rod is a luxury sedan.
The efficiency comparison is a bit lower for the stando rod than for the vector SB.
6519A258-D1B6-46C5-AC9D-0318272ED31E.jpeg
6FB2865E-5C52-47EE-8F94-EB7288536DAB.jpeg

Look, it is constructed in such a way that there is no gap even when the blade is inserted.
This kind of precision is also good!
In addition, the usable AC are as follows.
・Various types of feathers
・Schick pro-line blade
・ProShave series
(kai has not been confirmed)
FA172DB1-AF2C-4CC7-B761-E3AF394B89B7.jpeg

00E99B80-4484-406F-865D-93A4838C3171.jpeg

All finished with a beautiful satin finish.
I love the pretty lettering on the back of the plate.
The stand fits perfectly.
The head weighs 46 grams, and the handle (90 mm of classic 2022) together weighs 111 grams, just right!

All in all, what I want to say is that the stando rod is a great razor made by Polish craftsmen and is worth as much as a vector to me.

I highly recommend it to all gentlemen who love AC style razors.

It's just so efficient, smooth and no pressure.

There is also a more aggressive stando single edge razor that I hope to purchase soon.

Attachments

• DE756089-58D3-43B9-9913-CAD4B935CF41.jpeg
    DE756089-58D3-43B9-9913-CAD4B935CF41.jpeg
    913.2 KB · Views: 29
Good review Osisanbeer ..... Stando ( Stanislaw Lowicki ) makes excellent products. I have one of his silvertip badger brushes , it feels perfect on the face and has never lost a hair . Are you located in Poland ?

I would like to post my impressions of this razor, which I received on April 8, about a month ago.
A good razor that could be a candidate for Best AC Style SE Razor in my opinion.
Please forgive me for writing the review thread here because I don't know how to use it.
Also, my English is terrible:)View attachment 1457912

I tried many double-edged razors, but I was not good with any of them, and in the end the only one I kept on hand was the RR wunderbar.
I don't have much experience with AC style razors, but here is a quick comparison with the ones I have used (all with feather professional blades)
The AC style razors I have used are RR's HAWK V3 (Original/OC), asylum RX V2, colonial razor generalSS
The AC style razors I had are RR's Hawk V3 (normal/OC), asylum RX V2 and colonial razor generic SS and blackland vector (SB/OC).

The asylum RX v2 is the most efficient of the three, but it is aggressive to the skin and sometimes bites, so I gave it up immediately, so I can't compare them.

The HAWK V3 is a very good razor and I loved it, especially the OC (The original plate was too mild).
The stando rod is a little less efficient than this OC plate, but much smoother and no pressure.

I borrowed the General SS from a friend for a while and shaved with it a few times. The stando rod is about the same efficiency and is smoother than the General.

And vector, he is a gem of a razor for me, especially when compared to OC and stando rod, vector OC is a luxury sports car and stando rod is a luxury sedan.
The efficiency comparison is a bit lower for the stando rod than for the vector SB.
View attachment 1457922View attachment 1457924
Look, it is constructed in such a way that there is no gap even when the blade is inserted.
This kind of precision is also good!
In addition, the usable AC are as follows.
・Various types of feathers
・Schick pro-line blade
・ProShave series
(kai has not been confirmed)
View attachment 1457925
View attachment 1457926
All finished with a beautiful satin finish.
I love the pretty lettering on the back of the plate.
The stand fits perfectly.
The head weighs 46 grams, and the handle (90 mm of classic 2022) together weighs 111 grams, just right!

All in all, what I want to say is that the stando rod is a great razor made by Polish craftsmen and is worth as much as a vector to me.

I highly recommend it to all gentlemen who love AC style razors.

It's just so efficient, smooth and no pressure.

There is also a more aggressive stando single edge razor that I hope to purchase soon.
I forgot to mention, this razor is available in the official stando shop and on Etsy.
Oh, and the grip on the handle is PERFECT!

Nice review, thank you. For others reading, this is basically a General V1. It appears that he has done some improvements so I am not going to make any nasty comments about copying. If this was based on the V2, that would be pushing it.

I suspect the perception of smoothness is tied to the (heavier) weight. The Vector is like a scalpel and I guess for you the General V2 is an unhappy middle ground, which is understandable. The V1 was too heavy for me and the Vector wasn't available for a long time so I ended up with the V2 on a titanium handle that weighs as much as a stainless Vector.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Nice review, thank you. For others reading, this is basically a General V1. It appears that he has done some improvements so I am not going to make any nasty comments about copying. If this was based on the V2, that would be pushing it.

I suspect the perception of smoothness is tied to the (heavier) weight. The Vector is like a scalpel and I guess for you the General V2 is an unhappy middle ground, which is understandable. The V1 was too heavy for me and the Vector wasn't available for a long time so I ended up with the V2 on a titanium handle that weighs as much as a stainless Vector.
I looked at Colonial to see if they were going to make the General V2 a while back... It doesn't look like they have any plans to do so or release a V3 any time soon.

I looked at Colonial to see if they were going to make the General V2 a while back... It doesn't look like they have any plans to do so or release a V3 any time soon.
Yeah, it's a bummer in my opinion. I know there are other options out there! ;)

I still think the most recent version is their intellectual property, whether they choose to make it or not. The V1 is too, but that gets muddied when slight changes and time are thrown into the mix.

Yes, it could be viewed as a copy-improved product. But I like it. My knowledge of AC razors is still at a beginner level, please forgive me.
I'm also interested in the improvements 😊.

As for the weight, I am currently rotating between Schick E2, vector, Wunderbar, and stando rod, so I am enjoying different weights

As I currently live in Poland I thought I should try Stando razors and I bought their Single Edge razor in steel and the Rod in Brass (also an AC single edge razor). So far I have only shaved with the Stando Single Edge (which has more blade exposure than the Rod) and I loved it. I am looking forward to using the Rod for my next shave.

Both razors are nicely made and feel good in the hand - solid and very well-balanced. I tend to prefer razors with a bit of weight, and these feel just right to my taste. Both handles are very grippy and are a nice length to hold. I love the retro look of the ‘Suomi’ handle I chose for my steel Single Edge razor. I like the finish and I think it fits the character of the razors - not showy, polished razors, but utilitarian, good quality, and functional.

I got a great shave with the Single Edge. It felt really nice - the razor head was soft on my skin, the weight and balance felt right, the blade feel was positive but pleasant and not aggressive feeling. It was smoother than my Vectors, gave an equally close shave, and is of course heavier (but never unwieldy). The razor requires a shallower angle (around 45 degrees) but is very easy to find the angle and shave without thinking. I would say this is a medium to medium-aggressive level of efficiency - gave me a fully satisfying close and lasting shave without much effort or buffing. It left my skin feeling very good. I have the feeling that the weight of the razor (122g) contributes to the shaving efficiency without adding any harshness.

So I think this is an excellent razor, no faults at all, and great value. If you want a really good single edge razor then I would definitely recommend this as one of the best, regardless of price. I tend to rate razors mainly on the shave result (closeness and comfort) and equally how subjectively enjoyable the feeling is (hand-feel, face-feel, balance, character), and I must say I enjoyed using this razor as much as any of my favourites and I am certain I will use this a lot. I expect the brass Rod razor to be milder and am very interested to see how it feels, how efficient it is, and how gentle, compared to the Single Edge.

By the way, great service too from Stanislaw at Stando - he accidentally sent a wrong item that I also ordered and he noticed, apologised, and sent the correct item separately to me before I knew anything about it. Seems like a nice, friendly guy to deal with, who cares about what he is doing.

Thanks, @ojisanbeer for your review and making me feel these would be worth trying. I am very pleased I did.

A pic (Single Edge on the left, Rod on the right):
2E3A7CCF-9068-4B54-9AAF-262013808DF1.jpeg

Last edited:
I see you purchased a STANDO SINGLE EDGE!
Thanks for the nice review:)

I think sutando rod is very mild and perfect for bad skin conditions or when you are short on time.
I hope it suits your taste.

I'm thinking of adding a razor if my wife will allow me to, due to bonuses at this time of year in Japan.

Titanium rod, oc, stando single edge you have, various double-edged razors, I'm torn🤣

Super Frankenrazor time!
Usual suspects, except...
Bulldog facial scrub + Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Oil soap
Proraso green pre-shave
Polish stainless steel razor handle
Chinese no-name OC slant head
Personna Med Prep blade (not first shave w/this blade)
Proraso green shaving cream
Finish with Duke Cannon Ice Cold Aftershave Balm

7/10. Unusually close shave, but felt almost rough on the skin. Wasn't the first time I'd used this particular blade, but Personnas rarely give so rough a shave w/any other head I've used. Likely has something to do with the VERY large blade gap- I hope you can see it in the attached pix. Will use the same handle + head combo next time I shave, but w/another blade. Will see if that helps. If not, maybe this head is just a ***. At least it didn't cost too much.

Attaching pix, so if anyone can identify exactly what kind of handle + head these are, I'd appreciate it.

Razor1.jpgRazor2.jpgRazor3.jpg

Danke schoen.
-Z

Top Bottom