What's new

Standard Razor brand razors’ aggressiveness from 1 to 10?

Standard Razor brand razors’ aggressiveness from 1 to 10?

• (6.0+) This razor is more aggressive than those below

• (5.5) Similar to Merkur slant bar models

• (5.0) Above The Tie M2

• (4.5) (no reference razor of high confidence)

• (4.0) Weber PH --OR-- Above The Tie M1

• (3.5) (no reference razor of high confidence)

• (3.0) Merkur solid bar models (example: 34C)

• (2.5) Edwin Jagger (or Muhle) model 89

• (2.0) Merkur open comb models (example: 25C)

• (1.5) Feather (Popular or AS-D2)

• (1.0) Weishi TTO (aka Micro Touch One, Van Der Hagen, etc)

Results are only viewable after voting.
My fault. I didn't realize Standard Razor was a brand. I'm going back to my graham crackers and milk before it's nap time.

This is not an aggressive razor by any stretch of the imagination! The results of this poll are puzzling at best. Having used razors from the Flair Tip SS to the Futur on a 3 and Slim adjustable on 6 I have to put the Standard Razor right between 3.0 and 3.5, a shade more aggressive than a DE87.

Currently the calculated average is 3.9 on the 1 to 10 scale, but the variance in the responses is very large.

I'm not sure how to label this one ... perhaps "3 to 5" on the 1 to 10 scale?

Based on the spread in the data, the perceived usefulness of this poll is nil.

This data is whacked, but the Standard Razor is reportedly very nice ... and I would like to give it a place on the aggressiveness chart ... at least as a very rough guideline.

How's this looks in the "Slightly Mild" category?
Slightly Mild (4 to 4.5)Head constructionPrice indexAssemblyCountry of origin
4.5RazoRock (aka Cadet, Matador, Pearl, etc) solid bar models (except SLAB) (ranking is less precise)chrome over cast zinc alloy$3 pieceIndia
~ 3 to 5"Standard Razor" brand razor (note: survey still has two days left, and variance is very high in the responses)]machined aluminum with anodized coating$$$nonstandard 3 pieceChina
4.0Weber Polished Headsintered 17-4 PH stainless steel$$$3 pieceUSA
4.0Above the Tie (ATT) M1 solid barmachined 303 stainless steel$$$$3 pieceUSA

To see it in full context:
http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Modern_Double-Edged_Safety_Razors_Ranked_by_Aggressiveness

Currently the calculated average is 3.9 on the 1 to 10 scale, but the variance in the responses is very large.

I'm not sure how to label this one ... perhaps "3 to 5" on the 1 to 10 scale?
Maybe even 2 to 5...
there's been discussion already, but it bears repeating that definitions of "aggressiveness" are not altogether uniform, or easy to communicate. And some razors particularly bring this difficulty out. The Standard is one of them. (Reading all of the posts giving impressions of the LASSC BBS-1, and how descriptions drift, makes me think that razor is probably another).

Maybe even 2 to 5...
there's been discussion already, but it bears repeating that definitions of "aggressiveness" are not altogether uniform, or easy to communicate. And some razors particularly bring this difficulty out. The Standard is one of them. (Reading all of the posts giving impressions of the LASSC BBS-1, and how descriptions drift, makes me think that razor is probably another).

Sounds good. I've made that update:
~ 2 to 5"Standard Razor" brand razor (note: variance was very high in the surveyed responses)

Definitely not ideal, but at least its in the list, and the truth is probably in that range at least....

Proposed calculation from final results:

Remove the two "6.0+" responses as outliers ... those two votes just didn't seem to fit well with the other 12. Nor have either of them explained their survey responses.

Average out the other 12 votes ... which yields 3.5

Add plus or minus 1.5 ... giving a labeled range of "~2 to 5"

Sounds like a good way to include them in the chart?

Top Bottom