What's new

Stand up comedy teacher routine.

A while ago there was this youtube video of someone taking about the value of teaching; someone posted it in here, but I cannot find it. Does any one remember who posted it or where can I find it? It was a really funny, inspirational video I want to share with a few people I know who are just about to become Educators.

Are they working on teaching in the US?

I used to teach middle school (grades 6-8). My advice? RUN!!!!!! :biggrin:

OTOH, what other gig pays you to mess with the minds of youth?

Are they working on teaching in the US?

I used to teach middle school (grades 6-8). My advice? RUN!!!!!! :biggrin:

OTOH, what other gig pays you to mess with the minds of youth?

Yes.
And yeah, that is what the comedy routine was about. Not only do they get to mess and lead the future of the nation, but their service to society will be paid if they manage to inspire just 1 kid.
It is a funny and inspiring monologue, so if anyone remembers it, I would really appreciate if you tell me where can I find it. An underpaid and hard job should not be thankless.

Last edited:
Yes.
And yeah, that is what the comedy routine was about. Not only do they get to mess and lead the future of the nation, but their service to society will be paid if they manage to inspire just 1 kid.
It is a funny and inspiring monologue, so if anyone remembers it, I would really appreciate if you tell me where can I find it. An underpaid and hard job should not be thankless.

Most jobs like that are, unfortunately. Excellent vid, though.

Should be mandatory viewing for some of my lawyer and banker friends who like to forget that, at some point, a teacher taught them how to do all the things they do each day to make their piles of money, which they spend to fight all the property tax increases to pay for higher teacher salaries.

I have a friend who got a degree and certificate in education, but now manages a bar because he believed he couldn't get a 'good teaching job in a good district that paid enough.' I'm glad he manages a bar because that kind of attitude only ensured he would be right on that account for the rest of his life. I don't think he would understand this video at all.

Top Bottom