What's new

Stamp Collecting

That is troublesome but not surprising.
They seem to be moving against the grain again. If those opposed to an armed citizenry are empowered those of us with stamps already paid for will be in for unsettling times.

I have replaced my avatar to show my disagreement with the decision to disarm Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam. Elmer attempting to dismember Bugs with a scythe or Yosemite Sam threatening to stab with a huge knife or blow another character to smithereens with dynamite is OK though. The rationale is as clear as mud.

I did not realize that ATF will let you assign multiple uppers to your registered SBR. You just have to send them a letter with the updated info. Sooo - I decided to add a pencil barrel mid gas length 14.5" not pinned and welded (on the right). Weighs in at 6.4 pounds. A sibling of the 12.5" (on the left). View attachment 1068353

No, you don't have to tell the BATFE if you swap uppers of a different length. You can put a 16 or longer barrel on a registered lower and sell it as a Title I rifle and never give it another thought.

Not sure what's pending, but some arm braces are OK'd by BATF, some are not, by that I mean being able to legally shoulder them like a stock. Had you heard that they were going to expand the accepted models or outlaw some that were previously OK'd?
When I built my AR pistol in .300 BO last fall, I initially intended to SBR it. But after talking to a guy at the range if he was going to SBR his AR Pistol, he said No, because he has homes in two states and that if he SBR'd it, he would have to fill out paperwork each time he wanted to cross the state line with it. So for now I'm leaving it a "pistol" with an arm brace.

Your friend is incorrect about filling out at 5320.20 every time he wants to travel.
You can submit the 5320.20 for up to a full calendar year. Example: Jan 1 to Dec31, or July 1 to June 30.
Yes, you do have to get 'approval', but you don't even have to stay at the address on the form.
You can use the address of a range in a state, and it would be legal to have it anywhere in that state.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Your friend is incorrect about filling out at 5320.20 every time he wants to travel.
You can submit the 5320.20 for up to a full calendar year. Example: Jan 1 to Dec31, or July 1 to June 30.
Yes, you do have to get 'approval', but you don't even have to stay at the address on the form.
You can use the address of a range in a state, and it would be legal to have it anywhere in that state.

As old as we’re getting, that year roles around so fast, might as well be everyday. :)

Top Bottom