What's new

Stainless RR Hawk - first impressions

Arrived in the mail yesterday; shaved with it this morning. Popped in a once-used Feather AC Pro, lathered up with Arko and got down to business. The result was BBS in three passes.

Compared to the aluminum Hawk, this puppy is more efficient and aggressive, and that's a good thing, IMO. Perhaps it's due in part to the additional weight. The finish quality is much better, too. In terms of performance, it's on equal footing with the much costlier Mongoose.

Kudos to RazoRock for producing a superb, reasonably priced stainless steel single-edge.

Arrived in the mail yesterday; shaved with it this morning. Popped in a once-used Feather AC Pro, lathered up with Arko and got down to business. The result was BBS in three passes.

Compared to the aluminum Hawk, this puppy is more efficient and aggressive, and that's a good thing, IMO. Perhaps it's due in part to the additional weight. The finish quality is much better, too. In terms of performance, it's on equal footing with the much costlier Mongoose.

Kudos to RazoRock for producing a superb, reasonably priced stainless steel single-edge.

Pix?

Popped in?

RazoRock is really killing it lately. First the great Wunderbar, then the Ti Baby Smooth, now the DLC SS Hawk... and I'm expecting the new Mamba to also be great.

image.jpg
Just got mine in the mail today, DLC coated. I haven't shaved with it yet but I really like my aluminum Hawk, it's a great shaver. I prefer the weight and feel of the new one, I like hefty razors.
I think it's probably going to be a keeper.

Enjoy! It sure is a looker.

Thanks, I think I will.

RazoRock is really killing it lately. First the great Wunderbar, then the Ti Baby Smooth, now the DLC SS Hawk... and I'm expecting the new Mamba to also be great.

Yeah, they sure have. Love the Wunderbar. Love the BBS, really want the titanium version. I want a Mamba too, the new one or the DLC coated. I didn't buy any new shave gear for quite a while but have been on a little tear lately, all these cool new razors aren't making it easy to quit!

RR Hawk DLC back in stock at Italian Barber Gents...... :001_cool:

Yes, I succumbed to temptation. I have absolutely no will power or desire to show restraint...:blushing:

Can't wait till it gets here!!!!!:letterk1: :clap:

Already sold out. I guess he's only listing a handful at a time, because every time someone says they are in-stock, they are gone in under an hour.

It seems all variations of the Hawk are out of stock now, including the silver and black aluminum versions as well.

Thanks, I think I will.

Yeah, they sure have. Love the Wunderbar. Love the BBS, really want the titanium version. I want a Mamba too, the new one or the DLC coated. I didn't buy any new shave gear for quite a while but have been on a little tear lately, all these cool new razors aren't making it easy to quit!

Yep, love the Hawk and the Wunderbar, too, and covet a Mamba. Wish I had sprung for the Baby Smooth instead of the wimpy MJ90.

Already sold out. I guess he's only listing a handful at a time, because every time someone says they are in-stock, they are gone in under an hour.

It seems all variations of the Hawk are out of stock now, including the silver and black aluminum versions as well.
That sucks.... Happened to me also the last two times he had them. And I was on the mailing list. But that goes by order it was received, I guess....

Hmm. I may have lucked out for once this morning. Looks like my order went through. I'm usually the guy who shows up at the bakery when the last cookie is going out the door.

I'm not so sure about IB's email notification system. I've been on it for a couple items and never got word when something came into stock, then back out. In this case, I was not on an email notification for this razor. I just showed up at the website and bought it. So if you were on the email notification list and didn't get notified, there might be an issue with IB's notification system.

Hmm. I may have lucked out for once this morning. Looks like my order went through. I'm usually the guy who shows up at the bakery when the last cookie is going out the door.

I'm not so sure about IB's email notification system. I've been on it for a couple items and never got word when something came into stock, then back out. In this case, I was not on an email notification for this razor. I just showed up at the website and bought it. So if you were on the email notification list and didn't get notified, there might be an issue with IB's notification system.
Weird how their system works...... But hey, I happened to go on their site this morning and by chance I saw it in stock. Click, to cart, to purchase and confirmation. Lucky for once......:punk:

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
That's why I bought an Heir and a Spare. One to get used and another to sit in storage.

If you want a hot item from IB than @razorockjoe (Twitter handle) suggests following him on Twitter and setting up instant notifications as he posts hot new stock on twitter right away. Thats how I was able to get my dlc coated stainless steel hawk. Twitter notification came in and I ordered one immediately. They sell on first come first serve basis not waiting list order.

If you want a hot item from IB than @razorockjoe (Twitter handle) suggests following him on Twitter and setting up instant notifications as he posts hot new stock on twitter right away. Thats how I was able to get my dlc coated stainless steel hawk. Twitter notification came in and I ordered one immediately. They sell on first come first serve basis not waiting list order.
Got it......

Last night I happened to check the RR website, noticed that the SS DLC Hawk was back in stock and immediately ordered one.

I like black razors a lot, and the only black razors I have are the aluminum Hawk and General - nothing in stainless steel.

So, I need one. I really do. :blush:

--Bob

Last night I happened to check the RR website, noticed that the SS DLC Hawk was back in stock and immediately ordered one.

I like black razors a lot, and the only black razors I have are the aluminum Hawk and General - nothing in stainless steel.

--Bob
I feel your pain....:a6:

And Jubilation!!!:jump: :ihih:

Thanks for taking one for the team...:letterk1:

Of course. But we need to adjust the nomenclature.

Instead of "want" and "need", we should be using terms like "demand" and "command".

For example, "I really want that $300 razor" becomes, "I demand that razor. Right now."

"I need 300 of my favorite blades" becomes, "I command that 300 of my favorite blades be delivered."

"I need a black DLC Stainless Steel Hawk" becomes, "I command its presence in my shave chamber."

It's all about attitude.

Top Bottom