What's new

Stainles steel

hello all,

I'm looking for a new razor. Right now im using a EJD89. I like it, but i think i need something a little more agressive. Something high quality would be great, so i think Stainles steel is the way to go? Budget is max 100 euro. What would you all recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Jurre

hello all,

I like it, but i think i need something a little more agressive. Something high quality would be great, so i think Stainles steel is the way to go? Budget is max 100 euro. What would you all recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Jurre
Worth having a look at the Edwin Jagger 3ONE6, has a larger blade gap than the DE89 and within your budget.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The only modern stainless steel razor I have is a RazoRock Game Changer Open Comb 0.84. They also make one that is less aggressive at 0.68. The price is well under your max budget. And I am no longer searching for any more modern razors.
Razorock Game Changer .84SB
I highly recommend the Gamechanger. 84P. If you want a bit more aggressive but in your price range, the Blackland Dart. Both razors are top notch and all stainless.

+1 to all of the above. 👍

Occam’s DE falls under budget in stainless and gives you pic of 3 baseplates, one of which is a version of the EJ baseplate which is slightly more aggressive than the EJ. The other baseplates are more aggressive.

Are we going to tell him the GC is constantly out of stock? I did manage to buy two via BST though. Plus .68 SB and OC plates, but you have to check it constantly.

Brass is just about as durable as stainless steel. We've come so far in this thread, I thought I would point out that the Fatip Open Comb Slant is probably one of the best bargains in razors available right now. $25-35 for an all-brass razor that shaves with the best.
lo-storto-orig-1.jpeg
Also, for the incredibly low price of $15, you can get an all-brass Fatip Piccolo...
piccolo-1.jpeg

Other stainless options are available reasonably at RazoRock, like the Mamba.

Coming attractions include the Baby Smooth in all stainless; not yet available, though.

I had all of the versions of the Game Changer, and while it's a fine razor and quite a bargain, I sold them as I found that I greatly preferred the Muhle Rocca. If you go for the Rocca, make sure you are buying the newest version, which is CNC machined not injection molded (MIM). I'm not saying this because I think that one manufacturing technique is necessarily better than the other, but I own both the previous version of the Rocca and the current version and the new one is a much smoother razor.

Thanks for all the answers guys!

Bought a gamechanger .84 for 50 euro in great condition!

Will update when i have my first shave with it!

Rockwell 6S +1

One thing about stainless steel. People get the idea that it is stainless. Well, it’s not. It’s stain and rust resistant. If you store your razor with a wet blade in it, you will get tea stains. Be sure to disassemble, clean and DRY your razor after every use and it will out live you.

Rockwell 6S +1

One thing about stainless steel. People get the idea that it is stainless. Well, it’s not. It’s stain and rust resistant. If you store your razor with a wet blade in it, you will get tea stains. Be sure to disassemble, clean and DRY your razor after every use and it will out live you.
I've read that before, but I've never had an issue with tea stains on my stainless steel razors (or any other razors), and I do not remove or dry the blade between shaves. I'm guessing that the mineral content of the water is a factor in this.

Top Bottom