What's new

Stagg EKG alt?

Looking for a nice, accurate electric gooseneck. Stagg EKG looks nice. Is there anything cheaper that's worth looking at? I'm specifically eyeing the Polivar 7379. Anything else come to mind?
I'm buy once cry once, but I also don't want to pay for a name - if I can get 95% the quality for 75% the price it's worth considering. If there's no contest then so be it.
Thoughts?

I like the Bonavita BV382510V. Significantly less expensive than the Stagg, doesn't look as cool as the Stagg, but it has a higher capacity than than the Stagg. I haven't had issues with my Bonavita, but I've read the thermal fuse has a chance to fail, and is very easy to replace

Temperature can be adjusted in 1°F increments, but I've noticed that it will stop at 210°F when I set it to 211°F. That's not a big deal at all, and I only noticed because I set it to max to warm up my dogs' food.

When I look up the Polivar 7379, I don't see a gooseneck kettle. Maybe I'm just bad at finding it though.

Edit: I got my Bonavita for a little over $70, IIRC. It seems they're $100 now, so my "significantly less expensive" comment is less accurate. I still would buy it again!

It does look pretty cool!

I didn't realize "7379" was part of the brand name, and must of what I saw were regular looking kettles. That one you linked straight up copied the EKG!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand

Dude, you know exactly how to show me something, that goes straight to my heart! I don't know what it is, but that black kettle looks great with the wooden handle color tones. I think it looks truly amazing IMO! The only thing that I would question however, is how long that wood will last. You got to keep in mind, that wood is going to be operating in a humid environment, steam buildup and all that.

And if that kettle is indeed a copy of a Stag, you just hope that they also copied the attention to detail, to make sure that they have sealed up every square inch of that wood properly, to water proof it. But yes, that design does indeed speak to me. And you know whats funny? I don't even do Pour Over coffee, and I want it! 😍 lol

I just have a Toastess Delfino electric kettle, and its already gotta be at least 10-years old by now.

1679207476272.png

Dude, you know exactly how to show me something, that goes straight to my heart! I don't know what it is, but that black kettle looks great with the wooden handle color tones. I think it looks truly amazing IMO! The only thing that I would question however, is how long that wood will last. You got to keep in mind, that wood is going to be operating in a humid environment, steam buildup and all that.

And if that kettle is indeed a copy of a Stag, you just hope that they also copied the attention to detail, to make sure that they have sealed up every square inch of that wood properly, to water proof it. But yes, that design does indeed speak to me. And you know whats funny? I don't even do Pour Over coffee, and I want it! 😍 lol

I just have a Toastess Delfino electric kettle, and its already gotta be at least 10-years old by now.

View attachment 1623304
Just an FYI, the wooden handle and cap need/recommended to be oiled just like a wooden chopping board.

James Hoffman did a few electric kettle video. We were torn between the brewista and the fellow. For us the fellow won because it looked better. We’ve had one for a few years now. Wife uses it a few times a day, she likes to drink hot water. So far so good. We did have one that didn’t want to heat after sometime fellow took care of us.

We have both the Stagg and a Korvo, both are great. We started with the Stagg but since wife drinks more hot water than anything we also bought the Korvo for a faster pour. Trying to fill up a glass with the slow pour of a gooseneck got old fast.

Top Bottom