What's new

'stache Help

I've decided to grow out my upper lip lawn which I haven't done for a few years. As always the hair tends to curl upward and this way and that way.

Is this something a touch of wax might straighten?

Any product advice?

A wax may help train the hairs to go in the direction you want. If you aren't at the fullness or length that you want it may be more difficult to hold. If wax isn't cutting it then try got2b glued Spiking Glue, comes in a tube that will last a long time. Shake and knead the tube to make sure it is well mixed.

strop

Now half as wise
I would love to have the long staight whiskers that I see in some pictures, but alas, all 'staches are not created equal. S.R. is correct, in that, at least IME, the longer the hair the more control you will have, and the better any wax will work. I also think you can train a moustache to some degree. I got a nice little brush with my order from Oregon Wild Hair, but I've seen it for sale separatley, but can't remember where. Works well for me.

If you have dark hair, I'd try Firehouse Wacky Tacky. I can't use it, but lots of love in other threads here. Dr. Dittmar has very good hold as well.

Time helps. Let it grow as long as you can!
I've used firehouse wacky tacky wax and i have a military boar brush that i comb my hair (top of my head) with. I use pomade and greasy stuff plus natural hair oils are held by the boar brush.
i comb my stache with it every day, and wax when I feel like it now.
My flavor saver loves it...
you can train your hair.. Takes time and a awkward stage...

with out wax
vvvvvv

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
My hairs are pretty wild. But when they get longer they're easier to manage.

Now, if I could just stop licking them...

strop

Now half as wise
The first few weeks are the worst, though looks like you have more than one person that needs to be listened too!

Top Bottom