What's new

St. Charles Shave soaps ... Anyone use them?

I was looking at the St. Charles Shave soaps. Looks like they have a few unique "flavors". Anyone try them before? If so, what are your thoughts?

I've got the Almond, Sandalwood, and Savory Rose. All 3 are excellent scents and very good shavers.

Try the Citrus Pie. Just like shaving in Grandma's kitchen. Not sure how it will be for summer use, but I have to decide whether to shave with the soap, or eat it!

Randy

I think the scents are awesome. However, the lather is quite thin relative to other hard soaps, and I never got a good shave despite many attempts. As usual, YMMV given your water conditions, etc.

Scotto said:
I think the scents are awesome. However, the lather is quite thin relative to other hard soaps, and I never got a good shave despite many attempts. As usual, YMMV given your water conditions, etc.
Seems to be too bad as the fragrances are a delight.

I tried the Savory Rose today and it was wonderful. Very nice scent and very lubricious. I got a ton of lather and had more than enough for 3 passes (although it did require a little more time than my creams). BBS with no nicks, cuts, or weapers. And the ultimate test of any soap or cream, no irritation at all. I'm hooked.

They are one of my favorite shaving soaps. The shamrock and savory rose fragrances are incredible!

Top Bottom