What's new

St. Charles shave soap - Oakmoss Lavendula

Good morning gents!

This morning I shaved for the first time with the new offering from St. Charles - oakmoss lavendula. I interupted my normal Sunday shave routine where I use St. Charles savory rose & some Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet and went with the oakmoss lavendula as I've been opening the stainless tub daily to enjoy the scent. The soap has the same to notch quality as Sue's other offerings & the scent is not overpowering in any way. I was a bit hesitant when making this purchase as I am not a fan of lavender but the blend of oakmoss, lavender, earth & fruits is simply wonderful. As soon as I whipped up the lather with my C&E brush the shave den was filled with the soaps scent. As soon as my wife opened the door she asked what it was. If you are a fan of "distinguished scents" this is the soap for you.

I should also add that I received 15ml of the oakmoss lavendula scent as and EDT with my order. The EDT is definately stronger than the shave soap and I only used 3-4 shots of the spray as a test today. Upon drydown, I find the EDT to be excellent as well...perhaps leaning more towards an oakmoss scent than lavender. While out with my wife this AM I received 2 kind complimets from ladies as well. I think this EDT would be an excellent choice for all seasons. I plan to use what I have left on a limited basis until (if) Sue decides to offer it in her product line. You cannot go wrong with ordering this gents!

Thanks again for all your hard work Sue!

s~s

I know that she worked very hard to get these just right. I spoke with her once and she described having to throw away whole batches which just weren't right.

I was worried about whether I would like Vitiver but Sue sounded really psyched about Very V so I put in an order for the cream and the EDT. If Sue is that excited about something it must be special.

soulshine said:
went with the oakmoss lavendula as I've been opening the stainless tub daily to enjoy the scent. the blend of oakmoss, lavender, earth & fruits is simply wonderful.
s~s

So that's what that scent is! if you don't get this one and let it pass you by, You will be sorry( as said in my review)!

Marty

Hello Gentlemen,
I felt I should clarify that the Vetyver is in my new toilette: Very "V" EDT.

I also have a Very "V" shave creme to compliment the EDT with this Vetyver blend fragrance.

The 'Oakmoss Lavendula' is an SCS blend of mainly oakmoss and lavender which is my fragrance of the month soap for August. The stainless steel filled tub is accompanied by a small atomizer of matching and complimentary EDT.

Both are very different.
Sue

I received the Vetiver yesterday (EDT and cream). As others have written it is a very different smell than what I usually do which is more citrusy.

The smell is very hard to describe. One one hand, the aroma is very clean. On the other, it has an extremly sharp bite to it at first--imagine if you are really poor and all you eat for dinner is dirt from the yard and one day you come home and realize that the dinner is being burned on the stove. At the same time, there is something clean and natural about the scent and it does settle down to be more subtle as the initial spray fades a tad. I have read that Vetiver is something that either you like or you don't--I'm not sure where I stand with it; I do know that it didn't give me a headache which is good.

As for the cream, Sue this is great stuff with which to shave. The lather and lubrication and out of this world good.

MJB,
I am happy to know you liked the shave creme. The creme has been a very long process of trial and error for me, with a lot of error. Thank you for sharing your opinion.
Sue

MJB said:
I received the Vetiver yesterday (EDT and cream). As others have written it is a very different smell than what I usually do which is more citrusy.

The smell is very hard to describe. One one hand, the aroma is very clean. On the other, it has an extremly sharp bite to it at first--imagine if you are really poor and all you eat for dinner is dirt from the yard and one day you come home and realize that the dinner is being burned on the stove. At the same time, there is something clean and natural about the scent and it does settle down to be more subtle as the initial spray fades a tad. I have read that Vetiver is something that either you like or you don't--I'm not sure where I stand with it; I do know that it didn't give me a headache which is good.

As for the cream, Sue this is great stuff with which to shave. The lather and lubrication and out of this world good.

The vetiver EDT and shave cream are a great combo. The scent is really earthy and nonsynthetic. I really enjoy this one. The drydown is very unique and pleasant.

Great job Sue!

well I must admit .I would not know the difference between oakmoss & mahoganymoss but I do know this. the oakmoss EDT is a very nice scent that only gets better as you wear it. and the soap in the metal jar is a nice touch. I find the scent to be a little more muted than the EDT that doesnt linger. so, it is nice to have the matching EDT. I do hope Sue will be adding this combo to her stock items.

Top Bottom