What's new

St. Charles Shave AS

I am thinking about purchasing some SCS aftershaves. Are they quality stuff? Are the splashes better than the AS Milks? Give me the rundown!

I was thinking about getting samples of the Blue Line, Hydro, Savory Rose, Parma Violet, Med Citrus. How do the milks and splashes differ with the SCS stuff?

Thanks,
-Ryan

I've tried 4-5 of the aftershave milks, and I love them. The coconut one smells FANTASTIC (if you like coconut).

I also love the SCS shaving cream. Very, very slick lather and some great scents. The 'new spice' scent reminds me of key lime pie.

I usually like to mix up what I use from day-to-day, but the SCS products are always on my shelf. :001_smile

I have two - the Med Citrus and Lime Splash. If you can only get one SCS aftershave, get the Med Citrus. It's awesome.

+1 of the Med. Citrus. Just purchased a "back up" bottle. Also like the Savory Rose splash. Also just received the Aspect EDT in a nice spray bottle. This stuff is great. Clean, refreshing.....sort of an aqua velva with citrus. Her prices are all very very reasonable and her packaging is quite good.

I really enjoy both the med citrus and blue line splashes. Great performance from both, easily worth twice the price! I also have the Dagger ASB -- also nice, but for some reason I prefer the splashes.

SCS is the bomb and Saint Sue is one of the best proprietors available to B&B members!

I have tried:
Aspect ASM
Lavender ASM
Savory Rose ASM
Bay Rum w/twist ASM
Coconut ASM
Sandalwood Splash
Med Citrus Splash
Blue Line Menthol Splash
Nutriment

As far as scents go...YMMV...and its almost as sure as the day will come tomorrow that you dont like the same scents I do because everyone is different (Aspect, Med Citrus, Savory Rose Coconut).

That said, regardless of scent, their ability to take care of a freshly shaven face, reduce razor burn and seal the skin for supple softness are unsurpassed IMHO. Sue sells top tier products at a fraction of what other manufacturers charge for quality ASM/ASB...hell, check out Gentlemen's Refinery. Everyone says their stuff is top notch too, but I can get four bottles of Sue's for one of theirs...something to consider.

And it would be tough to beat Sue's hospitality!

Just too bad they don't/cannot ship their alcohol-based splashes over here to Europe...:mad:
I really wish I could try this Med. Citrus...:001_rolle

I have more than a few splashes and milks from SCS and they are excellent products. The florals are nice, the sandalwood splash is awesome and I have really been enjoying the Blue Line splash. Med. Citrus and the new Lime Extract are top shelf as well. Really, you can't go wrong with any of the splashes or milks. Just pick a scent or two that you like and let your CC do the rest.

Recently picked up the Lime splash & absolutely love it. Great product & Sue is an absolute pleasure to deal with.

Noob question: Google turns up very little on St. Sue. Would someone be kind enough to post a link? I'm unfamiliar with this person/retailer. Thanks!

It would be hard to go wrong purchasing any aftershave product from Sue.

The milks are more moisturizing and less drying. Also, they don't burn when you slap 'em on.

So...Rdeakle...what R U going to get?

I'm going to get the Med Citrus and I was thinking about the Lime. But I am thinking Lime and Med Citrus are rather close, so I may get some samples of the others, and see if I like them.

Just too bad they don't/cannot ship their alcohol-based splashes over here to Europe...:mad:
I really wish I could try this Med. Citrus...:001_rolle

Sue is planning on working with a European vendor who will be selling products from her line.

I'm going to get the Med Citrus and I was thinking about the Lime. But I am thinking Lime and Med Citrus are rather close, so I may get some samples of the others, and see if I like them.

No,no,no!!! get both(the B&B way). When sue makes a Lime product, that is what u get-lime. Her MCS on the other hand is a blend of citrus scents. I was never one for splashes until i tried the MCS-now i can't live w/o.:w00t:

marty

Sue is planning on working with a European vendor who will be selling products from her line.

marty

That's right. I have been working with Sue to sell Saint Charles Shave products over here in the UK and Europe. I am already selling a range of soaps and creams and we are hoping to add aftershave balms and splashes in the near future.

+1 on the quality as mentioned above, especially the coconut! (see sig :wink:)

That's right. I have been working with Sue to sell Saint Charles Shave products over here in the UK and Europe.

Hi Matthew!

Well... That's good news, then! I took part in your "kind voucher contest", and as stated before, I love the slick look of your site: makes it clear, simple, manly, well...efficient!!:smile: Congrats, definitely!!
I had seen some SCS creams while browsing, but no AS yet, hence I thought this was something really difficult to cope with because of some regulation issue.

Anyway, I'm glad you're working on it and can just hope you'll manage to fix that soon.

Keep us posted!

C_J

Top Bottom