What's new

Sriracha Shortage?

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Anyone else having trouble finding Sriracha in the supermarket? I'll admit to using a little almost daily, so am concerned that two different local groceries hereabouts have been out of stock for what seems a month? Amazon has it for sale (with a low stock note) but as usual at grossly inflated prices.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Yes, I prefer the Flying Goose brand which I purchase in 730ml bottles from my local Asian wholesaler. They have not had any for weeks, although it is available online or in smaller sizes at regular supermarkets.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
We have it at our stores here in Austin. My grocery store app shows six different brands in stock. Also I see Sriracha ketchup.

garyg

Guess maybe I'll have to try the big K - the two I have checked still have shelf tags for it under empty space. The only one's here are small bottles of store brand (Meijers Shifty Acres).

garyg

I'd picked up the earlier scare when I googled it prior to asking here .. tried the Asian market today (thanks to you both who suggested that) & picked up some other stuff to try, but no luck there with the Rooster brand that I am addicted to ..

If all else fails make a batch at home. It’s pretty easy. I made it once with a mix of jalapeños, Thai dragon and Serrano peppers.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"

Don’t worry he’ll be in Texas before the end of the year. All those California businesses are coming over here.

Top Bottom