What's new

SR Newbie Questions

Q #1: Could a 12k-15k Imperia La Roccia serve as my one and only stone for shave ready straight razors?

Q #2: Who would you recommend as having the best SR technique videos on Youtube? Is there one video that you think stands out as the best guide to good, safe, effective fundamentals?

More to follow, I'm sure. Thank you for the help.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
This thread may also be of interest to you:

Q #1: Could a 12k-15k Imperia La Roccia serve as my one and only stone for shave ready straight razors?

Q #2: Who would you recommend as having the best SR technique videos on Youtube? Is there one video that you think stands out as the best guide to good, safe, effective fundamentals?

More to follow, I'm sure. Thank you for the help.
If you want to watch some people highly skilled with straight razors I suggest you go to YouTube and search the videos of Paolo Barrasso (barber from Torino), Luca Dinaro , La Scuola di Mastro Livi, and Luigi Migni barbiere.
They are all in Italian but you’ll understand a little but learn a lot from watching. I think these guys started shaving with straights as my barber did in Italy before he came to the USA. Straights were normal in Italy back then.
You might also try Mark Dayoc and geofatboy.

Last edited:
If you want to watch some people highly skilled with straight razors I suggest you go to YouTube and search the videos of Paolo Barrasso (barber from Torino), Luca Dinaro , La Scuola di Mastro Livi, and Luigi Migni barbiere.
They are all in Italian but you’ll understand a little but learn a lot from watching. I think these guys started shaving with straights as my barber did in Italy before he came to the USA. Straights were normal in Italy back then.
You might also try Mark Dayoc and geofatboy.

I'll look into them. Thank you!

You should have a look at "Chimensch's 30th Anniversary Shaving Video" on this forum. It is very informative!

Top Bottom