What's new

SR 112 - anybody use this?

htownmmm said:
I have one on order as we "speak"- will post a review once I have it hand and after the shave.

Marty

Awesome. Please let me know what factors you considered in purchasing this brush....Do you plan on using it for soaps?

I've got a 3124 on order as we speak, and I can't wait to get it.

Joe,

I'm certain those SR Bests are fine with soaps, but perhaps something a bit smaller than that monstrous 112 with its 30mm knot? My 3322 is great with soaps, and I'm sure your 3124 will be too.

John

Yes John, It will be nice having a smaller brush, I can't get my C&E Super in a mug (even a big one) to build a lather.... It just bangs all around in there. Most of the time, I build lather right on my face and that works great for me.

Joe,

Are you thinking the 3124 you're getting will be a small brush? I guess size is relative, and I don't know how big your C&E is, but I would call my 3322 mid-size. Overall height is about 4.25 inches.

John

greendyk said:
Joe,

Are you thinking the 3124 you're getting will be a small brush? I guess size is relative, and I don't know how big your C&E is, but I would call my 3322 mid-size. Overall height is about 4.25 inches.

John

I'm thinking it will be smaller than my c&E (which I believe is 26mm).

is the 3322 same as 3326 (same handle, smaller knot)? I don't see the 3322 pictured at qed...

Yes, the 33**s are one style handle.

Your 3124 will have that domed, lightbulb shaped bristle bundle, which should make it easier to maneuver in tight areas than the C&E as well.

John

TraderJoe said:
I'm thinking it will be smaller than my c&E (which I believe is 26mm).

is the 3322 same as 3326 (same handle, smaller knot)? I don't see the 3322 pictured at qed...
full

Ed Jagger for C&E Best Approx Retail 35.
Savile Row (New) 208 Super Approx Retail 58. 25mm Knot
Ed Jagger for C&E Super Approx Retail 85. Your guess?
Vulfix #41 Approx Retail 130. 26mm Knot

Last edited by a moderator:
At this time I only have an EJ Best Badger (the left one in Ron's pic but mine is black) but I'm planning purchases of at least a Savile Row and a Shavemac. Not because I need them but because I like the look of those brushes! Ow wait, does that make me sensitive to the SBAD..?

TraderJoe said:
is this an optical illusion Ron? :blink:
It looks to be about a 25mm. While the photo may have some parallax error, in reality it looks to be closer to the 25mm SR than the 26mm Vulfix.

Ashe said:
At this time I only have an EJ Best Badger (the left one in Ron's pic but mine is black) but I'm planning purchases of at least a Savile Row and a Shavemac. Not because I need them but because I like the look of those brushes! Ow wait, does that make me sensitive to the SBAD..?

No way, or course not! At least thats what I keep telling myself.

guenron said:
It looks to be about a 25mm. While the photo may have some parallax error, in reality it looks to be closer to the 25mm SR than the 26mm Vulfix.

I agree, do you have a pic of the 208 bloomed out?

TraderJoe said:
I agree, do you have a pic of the 208 bloomed out?

Here is a picture that Randy posted when I asked the same question a couple of months ago.

full

I find it bigger than I really like and may put it up to sell/trade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mojinack said:
Here is a picture that Randy posted when I asked the same question a couple of months ago.

I find it bigger than I really like and may put it up to sell/trade.

Thanks for the pic. Are you using it with soaps/creams? How does it work for you, other than the size factor?

Top Bottom