What's new

Squonkers

Can anybody educate me about Squonkers?
I think that might be my next hardware upgrade.

I know the basics, I'm looking for Pros and Cons and recommendations on brands from someone that actually uses one.

Are you looking for regulated or mech?
I have been using mech 3d squonkers for 2months now. Love them so much I have sold all my other mods.

So I'm ordering my first Squonker kit.
It's a 50W eleaf, just $29.99. It was the least expensive Squonker they had, every other model was $150 on up, and they even had one Squonk mod that was $340.

My local vape guru suggested a 60W Kanger, but they were out of stock at his favorite eVendor, www.vapordna.com .

I also ordered a new battery, 26650, 4200mAh, with peak of 50A.

And I'm entering the wonderful world of Dripping. OBS Mini Engine RDTA. My local guru will hook me up with the wires and wicks and teach me how to make my own coils, and then I'll get the tools and materials I need on my next order.

One thing I couldn't find on the website was extra bottles for that eLeaf kit. I know that I will want to keep a lot of flavors in rotation, so the extra bottles will be a necessity. Anybody know a good source for something like that? The default bottle holds 6.5ml, and I'd want to order about a dozen or so to get me started.

After your post and reading a bit I also ordered the pico squeeze. Found the great deal on gearbest.
Btw, I've found bottles on aliexpress.

Pico squeeze is a good starting point. I'd highly recommend picking up a Hadaly rda to go with it.
UPDATE: I hadn't yet pulled the trigger on that order when I wrote I was getting the 50W eLeaf ... when I went back to the website and shopped around a little more, I found that the Kanger 2 Squonker was back in stock. It goes to 80W, it comes with 2 rebuild decks, an extra 7ml bottle, and better specs all the way around. For just another $10, it seemed like a no-brainer to get that in place of the eLeaf 50W.

I still couldn't find any more spare bottles, though ... any ideas who might have them?
The Kanger 2 takes a 7ml size, and I'd like to order about a dozen or so since I'm going to be keeping many flavors in rotation.

The Kanger 2 squonker looks neat. I have no idea where you can find bottles for it though. I would recommend just taking refill bottles with you if you want to change flavours, rather than buying bottles for the Kanger 2. Much more convenient and cheaper.

a quick eBay search turns up numerous choices for replacement Squonk bottles.

But none of them specifically say it will fit the Kanger 2.

I'll check the Kangertech homepage to see if I can narrow it down some more.

But I'll do that later ... I'm going outside since I feel a cloud coming on.
Coffee flavored juice, 90% VG with 9ml nic in a Nautilus tank at 12W tonight.

I've had my Kanger 80W Drip box 2 for about a week now. Today, I got brave enough to change the wicks on my own since I was switching flavors. Seems to be working OK, but next time I think I will pack a tad more cotton in there.

The Squonker takes some getting used to. There's a learning curve involved in getting the squeeze just right, burn time and how to draw on it.

The first two days it was leaking a lot, but I've learned how not to overfill the wicks when I squeeze it.

Also, the first two days it was making a lot of popping and hissing sounds, and the top piece would get very hot. I discovered there was a small screen missing from the mouthpiece, and when I put that in place it solved both those problems.

All in all, I really like this, but I'm still looking for my next upgrade. I'm not too happy with the build quality of the Kanger. It doesn't have the solid feel of my eLeaf Pico mod, and I don't think it will last through the end of the year without damage. But the next step up from this Squonker looks to be about triple the $40 I paid for this Kanger.

How are you getting on?
I've put about 2 ounces of eJuice through the Squonker in the last month or so. It really uses up a lot of juice. It holds 7ml at a time and that's good for about a half-day of vaping. I need to keep it topped off, if it gets down to the 2ml mark, it doesn't pump properly. It goes through the battery pretty fast, also, but luckily it recharges internally in about 90 minutes or less. (18650 @2500mAh)

Squonking is fun, its convenient, but its messy. I'm always having to carry a washcloth with me to wipe the case down. It also has a tendency to spit and pop and crackle a lot while heating up, so I have to be careful not to put it to my mouth until the hissing quiets down. The flavor is good, but not as much as I'm getting from my drip tank.

This Kanger2 pumps up to 80W but usually I run it at 36. Any more than that and the cloud gets too hot. And if I run higher wattage, it kills the battery in no time flat. I think I saw a reasonably priced Squonker that has a double battery, I wish I could remember where I saw that. This may be the way to solve the problem of not having enough power to last more than one hour or so.

I'm shopping around for another 510-mod so I don't have to keep swapping tanks around. I have four tanks that fit it right now, but the two I use most often are the Nautilus and OBS Mini-Engine RDTA. The mod I have is an eLeaf Pico Mega with a 26650 battery (4200mAh) and I really like it. I may buy another just like it, it will only be about $44 with the battery included. But I'm still looking at other devices as well.

Last edited:
If you are having trouble with leaking there is a new RDA coming out soon called the Pulse 22. I plan on getting one and it looks like it might be right up your alley.

Squonkers are one of those things I've avoided since hearing about them and looking into them.

On a vaping forum I am (was) a member of there were several members who would troll any thread with people looking for advice with RTAs/RDAs, spewing their elitist "you're a sheep and a tool if you don't pay $500 for a squonking setup and only M-T-L through said setup". They were the same people who were always posting in the "look what I just dropped a ton of money on" threads.

Like I said, squonking is interesting in theory, the dripping and the reservoir and whatnot but I don't think I'd get into it.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Don't let a couple of idiots put you off squonking. I am very happy with my two setups and don't have any mtl rda's.

I really shouldn't stroke my acquisition disorder cat...

I have enough expensive hobbies that were originally supposed to save me money or make me "healthier".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still working my way through all the different options, both hardware and software.

I use my Squonker for cigarette-flavored eJuice,
while the RTA is for cigars and Scotch flavors,
and I usually keep a Coffee flavor in my Nautilus tank.

Between the three of them, I get the best flavor from the RTA,
and the biggest clouds and the most convenience from the Nautilus.
The Squonker is fun, when it works right. Not so much when it doesn't.

Sometime soon, I'm going to get into building my own coils from scratch.
I'm comfortable changing the wicks, but haven't tried replacing a coil yet.
Both devices came with pre-wound coils, but I haven't changed them yet.
It looks simple enough.

I did learn a neat trick of heating up the coils to max power, then dunking them in water to remove built-up crud.
That's almost like putting them back to new condition when I put fresh cotton back in and pre-load it with juice.

Last edited:
I really shouldn't stroke my acquisition disorder cat...

I have enough expensive hobbies that were originally supposed to save me money or make me "healthier".
You know you want one, they don't have to be expensive. Some mech squonkers go for around the 50quid mark.
IMG_20170516_180105.jpg

I'm still working my way through all the different options, both hardware and software.

I use my Squonker for cigarette-flavored eJuice, while the RTA is for cigars and Scotch flavors, and I usually keep a Coffee flavor in my Nautilus tank.

Between the three of them, I get the best flavor from the RTA,
and the biggest clouds and the most convenience from the Nautilus.
The Squonker is fun, when it works right. Not so much when it doesn't.

Sometime soon, I'm going to get into building my own coils from scratch.
I'm comfortable changing the wicks, but haven't tried replacing a coil yet.
Both devices came with pre-wound coils, but I haven't changed them yet.
It looks simple enough. I did learn a neat trick of heating up the coils to max power, then dunking them in water to remove built-up crud. That's almost like putting them back to new condition when I put fresh cotton back in and pre-load it with juice.
I would recommend learning to build your own coils. If you are into flavour get yourself a Hadaly RDA. There is also the Pulse 22 BF which is more affordable but it isn't out yet here in the UK so I haven't had a chance to test it.

If you are having trouble with leaking there is a new RDA coming out soon called the Pulse 22. I plan on getting one and it looks like it might be right up your alley.
I'd like to find out more ... got a link?

My Kanger2 Squonker has an unusual mount for the coil.
Nothing else I have will fit it, except for the extra deck that was included in the Kanger package.

I have seen some tanks that are described as "Squonk-ready,"
but I don't know the name of that type of thread,
its not a 510 or a 710 or an e-Cig or anything else I've ever seen before.

Top Bottom