What's new

Squadron warden

A shave soap from my own country turned up ..tmo I will shave with it …when I opened it I had a smell and the scent is just gorgeous it reminds me of rr mudder focker but more full on and sweeter ….I really like the scent …when I smell it all I can think is omg followed by a mmmm and er a slight eye flutter lol ….>_> being somebody with Asperger’s scents really are important to me ….and I like what I smells …😂 heh

Attachments

• 47BF5910-E389-478A-A2D6-4B6E877A9676.jpeg
    47BF5910-E389-478A-A2D6-4B6E877A9676.jpeg
    926.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 07E8267B-D2BC-4623-B906-AABA796F825C.jpeg
    07E8267B-D2BC-4623-B906-AABA796F825C.jpeg
    889.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Also wondering what would be the best course of action here it’s a extremely soft almost cream like consistency….still pour water on top and load like that or better to just scoop a little bit out and go from there ?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I would probably scoop a little out. It does look quite soft in your photo. I have not used Squadron Soap before but I know that @Lefonque out here in Australia has so he might be able to shed some light on the situation for you.

I wouldn’t pour water on it. Blooming is more for hard triple milled soaps, although I don’t believe it is necessary.
I own a few squadron soaps and for bowl lathering I just dig out a glob with my finger and press it into the bottom of my shave bowl Before building my lather.
If you face lather, just load up your wet brush from the tub in the usual manner without blooming it.

I have that one mate. Lovely. I bloom it before use. Another Australian is the BLue Devil ShavE Co. Tasmanian. “Lust” is fabulous. Rose and vanilla.

You can scoop out a small amount and press into a bowl, then load your brush from the bowl. Works well for soap samples, also. Try about 1.0-1.5 grams worth of soap per shave. That should be a small blob about the size of an almond.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Squadron are a great soap. The Warden is my favourite although Dutch Resistance is for the more adventurous out there. Two other Ozzie companies Blue Devil (TAS) and Salt Lake Shaving Co (QLD) are fine soaps. I use a half teaspoon of product in a bowl and bloom (habit) for 2 mins. Drain of excess water leaving a little to get started. Then work til you get your desired consistency slowly adding water as needed.

Squadron are a great soap. The Warden is my favourite although Dutch Resistance is for the more adventurous out there. Two other Ozzie companies Blue Devil (TAS) and Salt Lake Shaving Co (QLD) are fine soaps. I use a half teaspoon of product in a bowl and bloom (habit) for 2 mins. Drain of excess water leaving a little to get started. Then work til you get your desired consistency slowly adding water as needed.
Haven’t heard of the Queensland company. Thanks for putting us on to it. I’ve just ordered a couple of soaps.

Top Bottom