What's new

Spyderco Ultrafine Hone First Use

F

FuzzBuster

I just received my Spyderco Ultrafine hone after reading through Joel's thorough post. It did an amazing job of putting a very nice finished edge on a "practice" razor I had acquired. I did not even go to the pasted paddle with Red and Green paste which I have previously used for finishing. The Spyderco is perfectly flat and being made of a synthetic material, should last as long as I can imagine. I'll still use the pasted strop for quick touch ups to refresh a blade between honings and will experiment using it after finishing on the Spyderco.
Anyone try using a pasted strop after finishing on the 12k Spyderco?
Did it improve the razor appreciably?
Steve

classicshaving has some. handamerican has some too, though the website is not up and running as such.

Personally I find no difference between the "Pro" CrO2 paste and the hardware store fine buffing compound, so I buy the latter.

With a light application on a paddle I find it does the same as newsprint in like 1/10 the time. YMMV

F

FuzzBuster

Started with the Norton 4k/8k then onto the Spyderco Ultrafine for 30 laps, and finally another 30 on the leather hanging strop.
Next time around I'll add a round with the pasted strop after the Spyderco and see how it goes.
Steve

Top Bottom