What's new

Spyderco Straight Razor

If they use the trade mark Spydie hole you can count me out, there is absolutely no reason to put that on a straight razor, it was first put up on the Straight Razor Place in 2020 by Mike.

View attachment 1615508
Mike Blue is no longer in the picture. They used another maker. I think Mr. Blue had some serious health issues crop up a couple of years ago. Spyderco is back on track with a different partnership.

Mike Blue is no longer in the picture. They used another maker. I think Mr. Blue had some serious health issues crop up a couple of years ago. Spyderco is back on track with a different partnership.

Well whoever the designer is? let us hope they get it right, hope they don't go for the bog standard 01 steel hope they choose something a bit more special like suminagashi blue paper steel.

I am not a steel expert, but from my vague memory, I think I remember knife people saying they liked vg10 because it was easy to sharpen but was also semi stainless. I would think those characteristics would be good for razors too, but I am probably unaware of some other reason it may not be a good choice.
VG 10 might not be the worst candidate. I only have one spyderco knife with that steel. Compared to other high carbon steels it was not a pleasure to sharpen.

Top Bottom