What's new

Sputnik

That's a good price for the Big Ben blades, and the total price of having the blades shipped within the UK is actually more.

Brexit has thrown a spanner for buyers for sure. A few Europeans retailers I used to buy from eg Goodfellas Smile, Dambiro have stopped shipping to the UK.

I'm not sure what the tax regulations will be in Bulgaria after July 1st, but what happened in the UK for purchases outside the UK bought from eBay, is eBay adds on 20% when you check out sales; without any additional processing costs via the delivery services (under £135), but I've read that in some places in Europe they'll be charged a processing fee whatever the cost of the item is, so for buying some blades at of $10 from AliExpress, they'll get hit a 10 Euro processing charge.
It is for the whole EU, they decided it in Brussels again. Local retailers are not happy we are buying goods from China, India etc. at prices 7-10 times cheaper, so in all EU countries there will be no small purchase category for goods. Everything that you buy from outside the EU will have 20% VAT, but the worse thing is there are fees that are at least 6-7 EUR. So if I buy 10 rubber mounts for a PC fan for $1.50 from China I should pay $0.30 VAT, but... I will have to print 2 declarations, take photos of them. send 2 screenshots from the online shop and the actual payment (like Paypal etc.), send them to the customs email. When I go to the post office I will have to pay 2 fees, totalling 7-8 euros.

Last edited:
It is for the whole EU, they decided it in Brussels again. Local retailers are not happy we are buying goods from China, India etc. at prices 7-10 times cheaper, so in all EU countries there will be no small purchase category for goods. Everything that you buy from outside the EU will have 20% VAT, but the worse thing is there are fees that are at least 6-7 EUR. So if I buy 10 rubber mounts for a PC fan for $1.50 from China I should pay S0.30 VAT, but... I will have to print 2 declarations, take photos of them. send 2 screenshots from the online shop and the actual payment (like Paypal etc.), send them to the customs email. When I go to the post office I will have to pay 2 fees, totalling 7-8 euros.

Good Lord! That basically amounts to a prohibitive and draconian protective tariff.

That's a good price for the Big Ben blades, and the total price of having the blades shipped within the UK is actually more.

Brexit has thrown a spanner for buyers for sure. A few Europeans retailers I used to buy from eg Goodfellas Smile, Dambiro have stopped shipping to the UK.

I'm not sure what the tax regulations will be in Bulgaria after July 1st, but what happened in the UK for purchases outside the UK bought from eBay, is eBay adds on 20% when you check out sales; without any additional processing costs via the delivery services (under £135), but I've read that in some places in Europe they'll be charged a processing fee whatever the cost of the item is, so for buying some blades at of $10 from AliExpress, they'll get hit a 10 Euro processing charge.
Well if anyone ever needs blades from a UK supplier just let me know. I'll buy them and ship them out at cost plus package and postal.

Now these are going to be famous somewhere since they share the nave w the VAX
My friend is a vet and uses these to prep animals for surgery (shave )

Good Lord! That basically amounts to a prohibitive and draconian protective tariff.

Yes. Do you remember western politicians preaching "free trade" and such? This is history... They want to crush places like Aliexpress/Gearbest/non EU ebay sellers. Until now, you can buy from non EU countries things up to €22 without paying VAT or custom taxes. From July, even this ends. They will force the chinese seller to register a VAT account in one EU country (and whoever can't obtain such registration will be unable to sell to EU customers) and charge VAT in their website. And no more €22 "free limit".

Basically, they want to kill Aliexpress. Which is why i have 3 more Yaqi brushes coming in, while i still can... And by the looks of it, they will be my last ones... It was nice while it lasted... This came after waves of protests from EU retailers, who were complaining that the Chinese/Russians were doing unfair competition to them, selling at much lower prices than them.

Last edited:
Yes. Do you remember western politicians preaching "free trade" and such? This is history... They want to crush places like Aliexpress/Gearbest/non EU ebay sellers. Until now, you can buy from non EU countries things up to €22 without paying VAT or custom taxes. From July, even this ends. They will force the chinese seller to register a VAT account in one EU country (and whoever can't obtain such registration will be unable to sell to EU customers) and charge VAT in their website. And no more €22 "free limit".

Basically, they want to kill Aliexpress. Which is why i have 3 more Yaqi brushes coming in, while i still can... And by the looks of it, they will be my last ones... It was nice while it lasted... This came after waves of protests from EU retailers, who were complaining that the Chinese/Russians were doing unfair competition to them, selling at much lower prices than them.
In the last 12-18 months I have seen the Yaqi synthetic brushes sold as many European brands, but at 3 times higher prices. This is how the EU retailers are going to rip us off by only making a thin cardboard box with their logo.

In the last 12-18 months I have seen the Yaqi synthetic brushes sold as many European brands, but at 3 times higher prices. This is how the EU retailers are going to rip us off by only making a thin cardboard box with their logo.

I had read that one Canadian and one American brand use Yaqi as their manufacturer, i didn't know that Europeans firms had started doing so too. I am not surprised though. As for their higher prices, unfortunately for them, i am 60 years old and i have already thought beforehand and bought enough brushes to see me to the afterlife. :sob: But, they are still welcome to come find me there and try to sell me their VAT and price bloated brushes, if they can! They will have an eternity of time to do so. Again, if they can... :laugh:

Spoiler alert:

I do realize this is what they call this particular product, but a Kamisori can never be a folding razor.

It's just a marketing gimmick / attention-grabber to call a folding razor "kamisori". This nothing but an overpriced shavette.

Spoiler alert:

I do realize this is what they call this particular product, but a Kamisori can never be a folding razor.

It's just a marketing gimmick / attention-grabber to call a folding razor "kamisori". This nothing but an overpriced shavette.
They maybe should add Kamisori Style... I'm under no illusions about what it is, however I would say that it is not a gimmick and not overpriced. I have a Parker SRX shavette and the Dark Stag "Kamisori" is a way better shave, more controllable, more weight to it too. I would say though don't dismiss it out of hand unless you've tried one.

They maybe should add Kamisori Style... I'm under no illusions about what it is, however I would say that it is not a gimmick and not overpriced. I have a Parker SRX shavette and the Dark Stag "Kamisori" is a way better shave, more controllable, more weight to it too. I would say though don't dismiss it out of hand unless you've tried one.
I was trying to convey the message that the naming of this product is an attention-grabber gimmick.

Kamisori is a Japanese SR with no scales, thus it doesn't fold. There is nothing to fold on a kamisori. So, the name of this shavette is an oxymoron, like saying "It's a sunny midnight".

As for its quality of shave, I am simply not interested in such a device. That said, I'd stay away from any shavette using flimsy DE blades snapped in half. The only shavette I will ever use is the one I have - Feather Artist Club SS non-folding (aka Kamisori).

Top Bottom