What's new

Spruced Up My Bathroom With Some Vintage Ads.

A while ago I picked up a couple of mint vintage Gillette magazine advertisements that I was hoping to frame at some point.

Today while at Micheals I saw they had buy one get one free on frames so I bought a couple 16"x20"
frames that matched my vanity.

I was happy to find my wife kept her old mat board cutter, it made cutting the angles on the mat board much easier.

I'm really lucky that my wife was nice enough to be ok with me hanging a couple framed shaving ads on the wall behind the vanity! Over time she'd become pretty supportive of my wet shaving hobby.

The top frame is a two page set of Gillette NEW ads while the bottom is a "Cavalcade of Sports" Gillette Tech ad.

I wanted to get an ad for each of my favorite type of razors. I'm still looking for a Big Boy ad but all I can find is Big Fellow ones. I've also had a hard time finding any Tech ads that aren't sports related. This one had some neat sports though and showed a nice Pre-War Tech on it.

$GilletteAds.jpg

I'd love to see any ads or memorabilia other members have added to their shaving zone :wink2:!

Looks nice. These framed pictures remind me of the bathroom of my favorite restaurant. Hanging above the urinals. Yes... You want a urinal now don't you :) Who doesn't.

Thanks all! I hope to find more vintage items in the future to add to what I've started. It definitely gives shaving in the bathroom a whole different feel having the ads behind me in the mirror. I kinda like it!

Looks nice. These framed pictures remind me of the bathroom of my favorite restaurant. Hanging above the urinals. Yes... You want a urinal now don't you :) Who doesn't.

Hah! Yes if I had a bigger house where I could have my own mens bathroom I would so install a urinal!

That's is funny I was thinking this same exact thing just yesterday! I was standing over the toilet and thinking "man it'd be nice to have a urinal in here". Then I remembered I'd have to clean it lol!

Great frames up in the bathroom man, I'd like to do something like that too!

Nice. I gave a 40's Aristocrat ad, framed, to my Dad for his bathroom. That's his favorite razor. It looks great. No pic at the moment, sorry.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Last edited:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Not to get off-thread and context, but how about a retro Barbershop theme shower curtain for your Den?
proxy.php

View attachment 403278

Read More: http://www.amazon.com/Barber-Shower-...n+-+Barbershop

or

View attachment 403279

Read More: http://www.amazon.com/Izola-Shower-Curtain-Barbershop-Pattern/dp/B00440CY2O/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hg_1
(I really like this one...it's so cool and I'm gonna ask the Mrs. if I can get one for my Den). :thumbsup:
Correction in Red above! :blush:

attachment.php
“A [shave den] with plenty of provisions is better than a [starving bathroom]”. Irish Proverb

Top Bottom