What's new

Spring/Autumn/Fall Jacket

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Well well well, it's this time of the year... Soon... It's this time where it's coolish in the morning and warmish in the arvo...

It's this time that I go out in the morning and go 'I should grab a jacket next time' and when I come back from work 'Good thing I don't have a jacket right now!' It's this time of the year where I need a light jacket!

I usually wear clothing without any tags, logos, stamps, name-it, attached to them. I don't like representing a company! I don't like hoodies and prefer regular cut jacket. Something like this would make me happy:

proxy.php

I used to have a Police navy blue jacket (plain nylon jacket with a removable inside). That jacket was over worn and someone threw it out and replaced it with a Perry Ellis jacket. The inside was made of PVC or something, the thing didn't ventilate at all so it was either ultra-cold in there or way too hot!

I then decided to get an Trench coat. I love that one, however, for the season down here, it's not quite cold enough to wear it yet. What I would need is something similar to a military canvas jacket. Problem is, I was told, don't wear camo or green (I wouldn't wear camo anyways but green, maybe... however, green is not an option anymore).

I then found a dress Australian military jacket. The sizing was weird but bought it for the minimum bid on ebay. Black jacket, a bit too tick (warm) and 1 size too small :sad: The jacket itself is nice...

I then went down to get an Abercrombie & Fitch Jacket. I got it off ebay again, jacket is nice but still too warm. I thought it would be a single layer of canvas and off I go. It is not.

So... Now, what are the options? I could go for a military jacket but already checked the surplus around the corner, they have green, green and green. No navy blue or black.

Any opinions or ideas of what could fit the criteria?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Nice, I really like that Algerian jacket!

Nice, I really like that Algerian jacket!

:001_smile

I don't own one myself (looking for an excuse, believe me!), but Woolrich makes good stuff - I have some of their pants and they are well-made.

Botach (the seller I linked to) has a bit of a reputation of being not-quite-reliable, but there are many sellers of this jacket, just look around.

I got a Harrington from Lands End this season. Doing pretty well for me.

LL Bean has a new "Signature" line to bring in a younger crowd. And they also seem to charge more for the stuff.

Top Bottom