What's new

Spots!!

So, I’ve recently embraced my balding head, and began to shave it daily (I like it!)
But, every time I do so I’m getting small pimples, not many but a few. Zero irritation with that aside, and they go by the end of the day if I shave in the morning, so I don’t think they are Ingrows.. it’s bugging me a little bit cause I’ve tried different Post shave products etc, but my new D E Razor came this morning and like a kid at Christmas, I lathered you my head and went at it! Low and behold I took a few of the heads off (apart from that though, quality shave!).
Has anybody any idea why this is happening and how to prevent it as it’s driving me nuts!
I first thought it may be because I’m newly bald and the scalp doesn’t know what’s hit it? 🤣 I don’t know I’m stumped!
Thanks in advance.

Interesting question!

My inclination is to agree with you considering you're newly sans head o' hair. When I first started DE shaving I had some irritation for a while, which eventually went away. I attribute part of the irritation to poor (developing) technique, and in small part to my skin not being accustomed to the closer shave I was getting coming from cartridges.

It could also be just that--simply a matter of developing technique.

Keep your eyes peeled here . . . you'll get lots of suggestions.

Interesting question!

My inclination is to agree with you considering you're newly sans head o' hair. When I first started DE shaving I had some irritation for a while, which eventually went away. I attribute part of the irritation to poor (developing) technique, and in small part to my skin not being accustomed to the closer shave I was getting coming from cartridges.

It could also be just that--simply a matter of developing technique.

Keep your eyes peeled here . . . you'll get lots of suggestions.
Roger that! Granted I took it extremely steady and went with, across then against the grain, and each pass was as smooth as the next, the pimples aside I was surprised how little irritation there was! So all in all I’m happy given it being my first D E shave! Just want to erase that small problem and job is a good one! Once I become for adjusted to it and comfortable during, then my technique will hopefully get better! Cheers mate!

I'm inclined to agree about the tiny red bumps, it's something almost everyone deals with when learning to use a safety razor. If you aren't getting red flare-ups then it might be you are shaving just the tiniest bit too close, and I mean the tiniest bit. As you said it is developing technique, your head is a whole different ballgame from shaving your face, plus as you no doubt know it isn't 100% smooth. Be mindful of your prep and take your time with your razor and it should clear up. If it doesn't, we're here to help.

I'm inclined to agree about the tiny red bumps, it's something almost everyone deals with when learning to use a safety razor. If you aren't getting red flare-ups then it might be you are shaving just the tiniest bit too close, and I mean the tiniest bit. As you said it is developing technique, your head is a whole different ballgame from shaving your face, plus as you no doubt know it isn't 100% smooth. Be mindful of your prep and take your time with your razor and it should clear up. If it doesn't, we're here to help.
Thanks mate! Well funnily enough, with all this being said, I have shaved my head every morning for the best part of two weeks, with the results getting better and better each time.
Yesterday morning was the first time I can really say I had a spotless experience, no bumps, nicks and most importantly no bloody spots! So, I m thinking it was a mixture of my developing technique and the freshness of the newly exposed scalp.
But as you say I have indeed take near enough all the pressure off the blade when passing to almost not being able to feel it at all, so yes I must of been pressing that little bit too hard. But I’m as with everything, Rome wasn’t built in a day!
thanks for the help 👌🏼👍🏻

I feel your pain! I used carts for my head for years and always had those same bumps on my head. I recently switched to an electric for my head only and the bumps went away. I wish I could tell you what causes them and how to avoid them. I will be following this thread to see if anyone has advice. I'd love to switch back to shaving my head (I feel like I'm cheating with an electric, even though it does a fine job).

As I stated in my previous reply, after two weeks the bumps have gone, I can only imagine it was my technique that has improved, although I’m doing it faster through getting used to it, I’ve never used carts, just a D E razor, but the shave is mega close with not so much as redness, I would say try again and just persevere, taking your time and use a good thick lather, that’s all I’ve done and it’s worked for me.

as for electric razors I have a beauty from ‘skull shaver’ and it gets close enough you could argue I used a blade! I use it if in a rush or whatever! Check them out of the razor still isn’t for you!

Very late update: I forgot 🤦🏼‍♂️,
Bumps and pimples are gone, I’m pretty certain it was just my scalps way of saying, “what the hell is going on here”. Since there was no burn, itchy ness no irritation whatsoever, just the bloody bumps, but yeah, as above they are no where to be seen, so think my bean has realised this is how it’s going to be for the foreseeable and decided to play nice!

Top Bottom