What's new

Sports Jacket/ Blazer FIT GUIDE?

I read somewhere that a person's blazer should be snug enough to "not be able to hide a baseball".

Agree/disagree?

Oh, and not as importantly, a story.

Went into a tailor yesterday. Said I needed a big, gownlike dress shirt brought in on the sides. She had me put on the shirt, hold out my arms, and stuck pins in the shirt by my sides- I assume she will tailor the shirt in using those pins as a guide. She told me to take it off. I did.

This normal?

I'd err on the side of comfort over absolute perfect fit. I mean come on, if you're in a button down shirt and a sports jacket with or without a tie, you will already look pretty darn good compared to most people. Plus the more comfy the blazer is, the more apt you will wear it more often.

So are you questioning the technique or the fact that she told you to take your shirt off? Because if she asked you to take it off in front of her, you have very special tailor.

So are you questioning the technique or the fact that she told you to take your shirt off? Because if she asked you to take it off in front of her, you have very special tailor.

That is a great question. And, does she have a sister store in Cleveland?

Top Bottom