What's new

Sportcoat/Blazer help

How about a suggestion for a good place to locate a tweed sport coat? I'm interested in adding one to my wardrobe, but don't know where to start.

Hey Miles. There are a couple of good sites on ebay such as

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OUTSTANDING-B...iewItemQQptZMen_s_Clothes?hash=item5884dd0ddd

which seems to cover all the bases and has good prices. I'd measure a perfectly-fitting jacket and you should be ok, tho I've never ordered from that shop so I I can't vouch for them. I'm lucky in that Harris Tweed's a pretty stock item in Glasgow. Its more or less compulsory if you wan't to be warm enough outside for about 1/3 of the year, yet still wear a formal jacket. I can't remember/ haven't looked where you live. Bear in mind there are several weights and differences in quality, depending on vintage etc, but any HT will be warm (especially compared to a blazer!) and I have one extra-heavyweight Dunn & Co piece from the '60s which is only comfortably wearable when its cold enough to need gloves. Also. I don't know if its just my personal experience, but there seems to be an annoying correlation between quality and "tweediness", i.e. the most outlandish patterns I've seen seem to be in the roughest, heaviest, most robust twills.....i.e. the best quality ones

Top Bottom