What's new

Splurge - Panama 1924

I got an unexpected bonus at work. While virtually all of it is going in the bank to handle all the necessities of life, I decided to buy myself a treat. I got the Panama 1924 soap with the ceramic bowl. I also threw in a Game Changer 84P-OC base plate. It should be here in a few days. I really like the old school cool of the bowl and the soap is supposed to be very good. I am a fan of Cella and P.160 so this should fit right in.

Now the wait...

I have found it to be better than Cella and P.160. And on a per-shave basis, it's really no more expensive than many of the other soaps constantly discussed around here.

I've thought about going with the ceramic bowl, but my only hesitation is that I hate the feel of unglazed ceramic and I don't know whether the bottom of the lid is glazed or not.

Enjoy your splurge!

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
It's a great soap. I wish I would have gotten the bowl. When mine runs out and I have to re-up, I'm getting the bowl.

That's a great splurge purchase! I'm curious about the soap, but I lust after the soap and bowl combination: It's probably the most exclusive contemporary offering in the lather category, and unlike a Ferrari or a Patek Phillipe, I can actually aspire to owning it at some point.

I have found it to be better than Cella and P.160. And on a per-shave basis, it's really no more expensive than many of the other soaps constantly discussed around here.

I've thought about going with the ceramic bowl, but my only hesitation is that I hate the feel of unglazed ceramic and I don't know whether the bottom of the lid is glazed or not.

Enjoy your splurge!

indeed, the bottom of the lid is nicely glazed. the bottom of the bowl also, along with a signature of the ceramist.
don't let that hold you back!!

boellis panama kent schulze tuesday olea essence january 30 2018.jpg

Congrats on the bonus!

As for me, Panama 1924 is one soap that I really wish I could use. I love the scent and lather it produces, but it caused a bad burning sensation on my face that lasted the entire day. It was horrible!

I got an unexpected bonus at work. While virtually all of it is going in the bank to handle all the necessities of life, I decided to buy myself a treat. I got the Panama 1924 soap with the ceramic bowl. I also threw in a Game Changer 84P-OC base plate. It should be here in a few days. I really like the old school cool of the bowl and the soap is supposed to be very good. I am a fan of Cella and P.160 so this should fit right in.

Now the wait...
If you want a real splurge try either the aftershave or the EDT or both. Neither smell like the soap but there are fantastic IMHO. They are pricey but also intoxicating again IMHO.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Congrats on the bonus!

As for me, Panama 1924 is one soap that I really wish I could use. I love the scent and lather it produces, but it caused a bad burning sensation on my face that lasted the entire day. It was horrible!

I know, me too. Loved the soap except for the mild burning sensation on my skin. It's the benzaldehyde used for almond fragrance. Total bummer.

Enjoy! Its one of the very best. World class in every aspect and probably the fastest and easiest soap to build into a lather that I've ever used. Also pretty good value. I got the bar, not the bowl and while its not cheap, its still good value since you get a lot of soap. Surprised that it doesn't get more love around her.

I received the soap and the coffret yesterday. I took it for a spin this morning. First off, I did a bit of a sniff test between Cella and this soap. The Panama definitely smells more like almond than cherry. It is more mellow than Cella, but the scents are similar.

The soap performed great! It was easy to lather, left a good slickness and my face feels really good afterwards. Virtually no sting from the aftershave, so I have to give it a thumbs up!

I received the soap and the coffret yesterday. I took it for a spin this morning. First off, I did a bit of a sniff test between Cella and this soap. The Panama definitely smells more like almond than cherry. It is more mellow than Cella, but the scents are similar.

The soap performed great! It was easy to lather, left a good slickness and my face feels really good afterwards. Virtually no sting from the aftershave, so I have to give it a thumbs up!
Did you use the Boellis 1924 Panama aftershave?

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy

Now the wait...

Congrats! Enjoy the new equipment!

Top Bottom