What's new

Splurge on anything recently?

Oh! No, I was essential. But then we got our lockdown orders, so I just became more essential to my family than work. On my way home from being furloughed I stopped in for a bottle. But good luck regardless!

My splurge

B6DC90F4-0A75-432A-AB22-8725D1A9FFA4.jpeg

Honda generator. We lost power and were supposed to be out for 48 or more hours. Like everyone else we have about a 3 week supply of groceries. I hustled up and bought one from a place I get all my power equipment from. Got home plugged in the fridge and a small toaster oven to fix dinner at the 20 hour mark. As I went by the hall the light was on. I told my wife at least we are prepared for the next time. It’s been that kind of day.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
A splurge, I suppose. I would have bought it anyway as I am almost out, but these days it feels more like a splurge...
Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 6.26.07 PM.png

Santa Maria Novella shave cream

Actually just saved up enough for my current splurge and am on the hunt for it.

Looking to get a hold of a Hybrid Tech.

last splurge was going 10 stage cooling in the new HVAC lol

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
I don't know what you all are splurging on specifically, but as a US postal worker I can say you all are ordering a whole @$!# ton of stuff online. It's almost like Christmas out there. Keep it up. The economy needs some splurges. :punk:

Bought sport pedals for the car -- the gas pedal change makes a tremendous improvement in the driving experience -- and a new Merkur Progress. I want to get some floor mats for the front of the car, but it seems WeatherTech and the other companies that make custom-fitted ones are in CA, and can't ship anything now.

I need some sheets and a new blanket for the bed, but queen-size sheet sets of decent quality are not cheap, and two sets would be worse.

The Infernal Revenue admits at last that I'm eligible for the stimulus payment, but I haven't seen that money yet.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I bought some jewelry for my girl friend.
1: a pearl neckless
2: a ring with a blue stone and silver

Fifteen minutes after my $1200 in fun tickets dropped into my checking account, I had spent it. I got a brand-new MacBook Air and a wireless b+w printer. My old MacBook Air was 9 years old and pretty clapped-out, so the new one is a treat, if not really a splurge.

Bought a new office chair at IKEA, working from home full-time proved that the previous chair from the 50s really was not suitable for full workdays...

Just ordered some computer parts to build a new PC that is usable for playing some games - my 5 year old Intel NUC is pretty useless in this regard.

Spent about 500€ for the PC stuff - so still a rather basic affair although I have some stuff that will be reused (case, psu and ssd).

Also contemplating upgrading my 11 years old monitor, sitting in front the computer all the day at home 5 days a week shows there is a lot of room for improvements...

Top Bottom