What's new

Splashes Like Declaration, Maol, Noble Otter?

I’m a big fan of the aftershave splashes mentioned. I‘ve got almost all, perhaps all, of the scented splashes offered by all three. I’m curious about other splashes that are similar, to round out my portfolio. Any ideas?

I should add that I also am a fan of Ariana & Evans, Zingari Man and Barrister and Mann.

The commonality is that they’re all splashes with a balm-like feel (to greater and lesser extent).

Last edited:
Scott:

I always looked to your selections to see what I should be trying since your choices seem to always work for me. Ethos would be my first recommendation for you.

I think you've already used Wm. Neumann but they'd be another base to try if not. (I'm not fond of most of the scents, but like the AS itself.)

I've also grown to like Razorock King Louis tonic. It's non-alcoholic but the small amount of menthol - which I'm not usually a fan of - is really nice and makes up for a lack of alcohol burn.

Scott:

I always looked to your selections to see what I should be trying since your choices seem to always work for me. Ethos would be my first recommendation for you.

I think you've already used Wm. Neumann but they'd be another base to try if not. (I'm not fond of most of the scents, but like the AS itself.)

I've also grown to like Razorock King Louis tonic. It's non-alcoholic but the small amount of menthol - which I'm not usually a fan of - is really nice and makes up for a lack of alcohol burn.

Thanks—great to hear from you! Yes, I’m a big fan of Wm Neumann, especially the shaving creams. The aftershaves are also very nice, and the scents awesome, but the “balmy” feel is a bit lacking for my face.

I’ve yet to try any Razorock products. It’s time. I’ll find some King Louis.

Thanks—great to hear from you! Yes, I’m a big fan of Wm Neumann, especially the shaving creams. The aftershaves are also very nice, and the scents awesome, but the “balmy” feel is a bit lacking for my face.

I’ve yet to try any Razorock products. It’s time. I’ll find some King Louis.
I think that the Evil Eye (Lime) and 888 (Tea Tree and Eucalyptus) tonics use the same formula as the King Louis.
Also - make sure you try the Ethos as well. It may be my favorite.

The commonality is that they’re all splashes with a balm-like feel (to greater and lesser extent).

Saponificio Varesino

aftershaves have a very thick texture, that straddles the line between "splash" and "balm".
They call it "lotion" which is pretty accurate.

Saponificio Varesino

aftershaves have a very thick texture, that straddles the line between "splash" and "balm".
They call it "lotion" which is pretty accurate.
I’ve tried the SV lotion, which I like but find a bit too balmy. I love their shea butter and hand soaps (in the pump bottles), however!

I think that the Evil Eye (Lime) and 888 (Tea Tree and Eucalyptus) tonics use the same formula as the King Louis.
Also - make sure you try the Ethos as well. It may be my favorite.
I‘ve received all three Razorock tonics you’ve mentioned, and like all of them. They respond well to my request. Thanks, Bob!

Top Bottom