What's new

Splash Recommendation?

Looking to pick up 1 or 2 new splashes to try out. Right now my go to is the floid line, blue in particular or Alt Innsbruk. I have tried 4711 but I did not care for it. Any others i should try out?

So many splashes! What type of scents do you like? More "green" or "citrusy" or "woodsy" or "barbershoppy"? Right now my AD is aftershaves with about 30 and I love them all, except the Veg kicked me to the curb in my first trial yesterday...:angry:

I just picked up a bottle of nivea cool kick splash its refreshing and modern thought it would go nice with some of my classic and old man scents

To be honest the only ones i have tried are the Floid line (Blue, Amber, Vigoroso), Alt Innsbruk and 4711. So im not really sure what i really like in a splash yet :/

On a side note, I know most of the ones above are "older" scents but my wife doesn't seem to mind them and im 28. So im up to try anything really.

It's so open ended. Another way to figure out what you might like is to sniff some of your soaps and creams. If you like a particular soap, there's a very good chance that there's a matching AS for it. Just get out there and do some sniffing and then follow your nose.

There are a lot of aftershaves that are quite inexpensive, so if you end up not liking them, its not too much $ down the drain. Aqua Velva Ice Blue and Ice Sport, Adidas Dynamic Pulse and Gillette Cool Wave are all available at Wal Mart for under $6 and are more along the lines of "younger" scents. Master Bay Rum and Clubman are readily available...Master at Sally's Beauty Supply if you have one in your area. All good stuff!

Everyone should try Aqua Velva Ice Blue and Skin Bracer for readily available, tried and true products. Having said that, I've been wet shaving for years, but switched to DE razors about a year ago. I've been using AV Ice Blue in my rotation since day one, but just picked up my first bottle of Skin Bracer yesterday (no idea why it took me so long). I REALLY like both the scent and the performance. I also second the recommendation for Master Bay Rum. Good stuff!

Cheers!

Alt Innsbruck is great. Wasn't what I was expecting when I placed the order, but I use it more than any other splash these days and so far it's my wife's favorite. Personally, I plan on picking up some Speick next, as I can't get enough of the scent of the shave stick, and want to layer the products.

I've also been thinking of picking up some 4711, but have no real idea what it smells like (it's on clearance at several online shops). How would you describe it?

Alt Innsbruck is great. Wasn't what I was expecting when I placed the order, but I use it more than any other splash these days and so far it's my wife's favorite. Personally, I plan on picking up some Speick next, as I can't get enough of the scent of the shave stick, and want to layer the products.

I've also been thinking of picking up some 4711, but have no real idea what it smells like (it's on clearance at several online shops). How would you describe it?

Who has it on clearance? I may try it as well.

Top Bottom