What's new

Spirituality, Meditation, Prayer?

I don't really know anything about him or is teachings and beliefs, I think some of you spiritual people may know of him,

Thich Nhat Hanh has passed away a few weeks ago

Seen even Russell brand did a vid about him and his passing few weeks back

Can anyone tell me about Thich Nhat Hanh? Is he a Buddhist or a pagan?

Err, he has a wikipedia page. He was a buddhist monk, author, activist, and general legend. No idea where you get the "pagan" idea from.

got no idea of his belief like i said in my original post thats why i was asking

i always thought buddhism was paganism

got no idea of his belief like i said in my original post thats why i was asking

i always thought buddhism was paganism
It is pagan. It is generally polytheistic, depending on the kind of Buddhism. Most are polytheistic, believing in the Hindu gods. Some claim to have no religion, or nearly so, and deny there is a God (classical).

Reactions: saj
Whether it's spirituality, meditation or prayer I believe that the basis for it all should be gratitude. Using some of the examples already given being grateful that you are able to run, shave, work, work out, stay calm, etc... tends to push out the negative selfish thoughts that invade quietness. As a redeemed saint I have a lot to be grateful for and that helps keep me positive, centered and calm. I notice that for me, when I start feeling overwhelmed or that life is too chaotic, the amount of time spent in quiet time, prayer, meditation, reflection or whatever I want to call it doesn't matter because it's a heart issue and not a head issue. When I get my heart back to gratitude first and others second then the chaos and overwhelmed feelings take care of themselves.

Whether it's spirituality, meditation or prayer I believe that the basis for it all should be gratitude. Using some of the examples already given being grateful that you are able to run, shave, work, work out, stay calm, etc... tends to push out the negative selfish thoughts that invade quietness. As a redeemed saint I have a lot to be grateful for and that helps keep me positive, centered and calm. I notice that for me, when I start feeling overwhelmed or that life is too chaotic, the amount of time spent in quiet time, prayer, meditation, reflection or whatever I want to call it doesn't matter because it's a heart issue and not a head issue. When I get my heart back to gratitude first and others second then the chaos and overwhelmed feelings take care of themselves.
yea i agree mate, gratitude is a good thing

hey so i was wondering anyone on here into like magic, talismans etc?

i do find the world of the unseen fascinating

ohh yea forgot to say thinking about ordering the wim hof book

I find it helps me as well. Life can get stressful at times. It really helps create balance for me.

im inconsistent when it comes to prayer so that doesnt help

tbh since starting this thread i dont think ive even meditated once

No, I stay away from the occult and suggest the same.
nah i would never dabble in it myself however i am interested in some of the knowledge of the occults
not to act upon it but so i know what to stay away from

I've been meditating on Scripture and praying concerning God's faithfulness for the last four weeks. It has been very uplifting and rewarding. it is amazing how close to God you can become when you delve into His truth instead of one's own.
which scripture and how do you meditate on it?

which scripture and how do you meditate on it?
One way is to read the scriptures, pay attention to its context, and see what it says about God. Then, think about how it applies to you. Then, turn it into a prayer.

Revelation 19.11
Deuteronomy 32.4
Isaiah 25.1

There are others.

nah i would never dabble in it myself however i am interested in some of the knowledge of the occults
not to act upon it but so i know what to stay away from
I know a retired exorcist, and he says one common thing that brings on demonic infestation, oppression, or even possession is curiosity in the occult, even a Ouija board, which is seen as a game, but it’s not. I am a naturally curious person, always have been. I always wanted to know things, even if it didn’t concern me. I just wanted to know everything. I’ve learned to temper my curiosity. Do I need to know? Does it concern me? Will knowing it be beneficial to me or detrimental? By God’s grace I am much less curious now.

Top Bottom