What's new

Spieck

Got the shaving cream today, used it and I'm impressed.

The lather will take a bit to "dial in" for me but I can tell once I get the water ratio right it will be great. Protection and slickness were good and the scent is quite nice. Hard to describe but the scent has a "medicinal lavender" quality to it - my daughter didn't like it but I did. The scent is on the lighter side and smells great as it wears down through the day.
There was no residue afterwards which is a big plus in my book. The ingredients list seems to be reasonable with no colorants or preservatives. Has glycerine and beeswax which is nice to see.

My skin felt nice during and afterwards. No skin irritation or cuts, but I admit I didn't try for a super close shave. I used a Merkur 37C slant razor with Personna "lab blue" blades and a Whipped Dog synthetic brush.

Only downside of the cream is it is a bit pricey (~$9 for 2.5 ounces), but I do feel I got quality for that price indeed. The size is nice for travel though.

If you haven't, you might give Spieck shaving cream a try.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Nice review, thanks.

I think Speick is a great cream, actually I like all their products (soap, AS, balm, deo stick). One note, if you paid $9 for the tube you overpaid a bit. I usually find it from about $5.50 at the low end to $7 at the high end.

I like it quite a bit, and for me it more than holds it's own comparing to much more expensive creams and soaps.
Same is true for Speick aftershave, performance and scent. I find both to be great value for the money.

Nice review, thanks.

I think Speick is a great cream, actually I like all their products (soap, AS, balm, deo stick). One note, if you paid $9 for the tube you overpaid a bit. I usually find it from about $5.50 at the low end to $7 at the high end.

Thanks for the heads up on the price. I got it from Amazon with free shipping. Not sure how that compares to your purchase but I'll keep my eyes open for better deals on this great product.

On a side note, I'm finding I have a love for lavender, citrus, peppermint and rosemary scents. Not so much a fan of the "earthy" scents, more of the floral and citrusy ones.

No one has mentioned this point yet, but the Spieck tube is more compact and more convenient for travel than the clunky plastic tubes a lot of others use. It’s also easier to squeeze all the product out of the little Spieck tube.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have heard a lot of good about it but I have never tried it. Must fix that one day.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Thanks for the heads up on the price. I got it from Amazon with free shipping. Not sure how that compares to your purchase but I'll keep my eyes open for better deals on this great product...

Usually I add something low cost like Speick into a larger order so I get free shipping. I didn't know in your OP that the $9 you mentioned included shipping charges.

No one has mentioned this point yet, but the Spieck tube is more compact and more convenient for travel than the clunky plastic tubes a lot of others use. It’s also easier to squeeze all the product out of the little Spieck tube.

Great point. I really like their metal tube, much better than the plastic tubes that are more common.

I find that it's a very good cream and has become my go-to for traveling due to the compact tube size and good performance.

I personally disliked that shaving cream because of the really unpleasant scent.
The shaving cream as well as all other "Speick" products contain Speick i. e. a plant which is being added to all Speick products this plant has a specific kind of smell, similar to damp smelling towel/rag not being dried for many days before use. Yuck....Not recommended!

Top Bottom