What's new

Speicktember 2020!

I have both a stick and a puck. The puck was made by slicing a stick into thin coin-size pieces and layering it in a dish. Add a few teaspoons of warm water, press and smooth it with the back of a spoon, and voilà. It works very well either way.

I grate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both a stick and a puck. The puck was made by slicing a stick into thin coin-size pieces and layering it in a dish. Add a few teaspoons of warm water, press and smooth it with the back of a spoon, and voilà. It works very well either way.

I'm going to do that at a certain point but wanted to try it in it's intended form first. It will be my first time grating and then using coins so thanks for the tip of using warm water and a spoon. That'll help the process for sure!

Slantember 4.jpg

RR German 37 slant
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Zenith B03-A26 aluminum boar brush
365 glycerin soap wash
Speick soap in dish
Dickinson's witch hazel
Speick splash

Doing my bit for Speicktember...

Speick was one of the first shaving soaps I tried, back in the 2000's (along with Valobra stick). Both soaps turned out to be great choices. Excellent all around performance from the soap, the shaving cream is quite good, too. The splash is wonderful stuff, soothing and healing.. I got this set on sale last year for 33% off, and am still using all of it:

Tried the stick today grated into a bowl. Not as herbaceous as the cream but great performance!

Another great shave last night thanks to speick soap and aftershave.

Other gear is:
Razorock Mamba 0.70
7 o'clock SS green
Yaqi 24mm 2 band badger
Alum block... unsure who

I'll probably stick with this setup through the end of this stick. My first few shaves were using my travel gear which is:

Post war Tech
Astra platinum
Yaqi tuxedo

I have so far used Speick for every shave this month coincidentally I’m on a mission to kill of my tub of cream this month.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Speicktember Shave #1
20200908_132608~2.jpg

Razor: Gillette German #34 Tech (Emerald Green Handle crafted by @GAW9576)
Blade: Kai (2)
Brush: @Rudy Vey Emerald Green AS3M (Mühle 25mm STF)
Cream: Speick Cream
Aftershave: Speick

Fragrance: G Eàu Bronze EDT Spray (Belcam Version Of Acqua Di Gio Absolu)

WTG, ATG, XTG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Love Speick Cream and Aftershave. :)

Carrying on with a Speick+slant streak:

RR German 37 slant
Gillette Silver Blue (7)
Yaqi Purple Haze / Mew Brown synthetic brush
365 glycerin soap wash
Speick shaving cream
Dickinson's witch hazel
Speick splash

Top Bottom